Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Looking to spoof caller id

Looking to spoof caller id

up for the game

Sounds a bit goofy, but, when trying to block the number I am calling
from, some phone number don't want to hear it and the call will not
complete.
Sometimes privacy is a good thing and sometimes the reason is not
explainable...
This would be especially valuable from the verizon cell phone.
Thought the posting was worth a try.
Thanks
Joe

WhzzKdd

"up for the game" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sounds a bit goofy, but, when trying to block the number I am calling
> from, some phone number don't want to hear it and the call will not
> complete.
> Sometimes privacy is a good thing and sometimes the reason is not
> explainable...
> This would be especially valuable from the verizon cell phone.
> Thought the posting was worth a try.

Twit. If you are calling legitmately, stop blocking.
Telemarketers/unsolicited callers should be shot. Immediately. No trial, no
nothing. Just shot. Just like spammers.

Mara

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 10:25:49 -0700, "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid>
wrote:

>"up for the game" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Sounds a bit goofy, but, when trying to block the number I am calling
>> from, some phone number don't want to hear it and the call will not
>> complete.
>> Sometimes privacy is a good thing and sometimes the reason is not
>> explainable...
>> This would be especially valuable from the verizon cell phone.
>> Thought the posting was worth a try.
>>

>Twit. If you are calling legitmately, stop blocking.
>Telemarketers/unsolicited callers should be shot. Immediately. No trial, no
>nothing. Just shot. Just like spammers.

No. That takes them out WAY too quickly. It should be as slow and as painful as
possible.

--
Should Redmond fall, I imagine a brief period of panic when everyone
finds out they can't call Microsoft for support any more, followed by

WhzzKdd

"Mara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 10:25:49 -0700, "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>>"up for the game" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> Sounds a bit goofy, but, when trying to block the number I am calling
>>> from, some phone number don't want to hear it and the call will not
>>> complete.
>>> Sometimes privacy is a good thing and sometimes the reason is not
>>> explainable...
>>> This would be especially valuable from the verizon cell phone.
>>> Thought the posting was worth a try.
>>>

>>Twit. If you are calling legitmately, stop blocking.
>>Telemarketers/unsolicited callers should be shot. Immediately. No trial,
>>no
>>nothing. Just shot. Just like spammers.

> No. That takes them out WAY too quickly. It should be as slow and as
> painful as
> possible.

Okay - shoot them in both hands. That'll stop the dialing and typing while
they bleed out.

tom

"up for the game" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sounds a bit goofy, but, when trying to block the number I am calling
> from, some phone number don't want to hear it and the call will not
> complete.
> Sometimes privacy is a good thing and sometimes the reason is not
> explainable...
> This would be especially valuable from the verizon cell phone.
> Thought the posting was worth a try.
> Thanks
> Joe

I block all "Out of Area, Toll Free, Unknown and Unavailable" calls with
http://www.beiley.com/acallerid/index.html .

Blinky the Shark

Mara wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 10:25:49 -0700, "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid>
> wrote:

>>Twit. If you are calling legitmately, stop blocking.
>>Telemarketers/unsolicited callers should be shot. Immediately. No trial, no
>>nothing. Just shot. Just like spammers.

> No. That takes them out WAY too quickly. It should be as slow and as painful as
> possible.

Arrrr! Bring out the rack.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Blinky the Shark

WhzzKdd wrote:
> "Mara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 10:25:49 -0700, "WhzzKdd"
>> <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote:

>>>Twit. If you are calling legitmately, stop blocking.
>>>Telemarketers/unsolicited callers should be shot. Immediately. No
>>>trial, no nothing. Just shot. Just like spammers.

>> No. That takes them out WAY too quickly. It should be as slow and as
>> painful as possible.

> Okay - shoot them in both hands. That'll stop the dialing and typing
> while they bleed out.

Wait. The we that there is none of could benefit mankind TWO ways with
this. Sloooooowly skin the spammers. Tan their hides. Use the
resultant material to line a...er...line of tinfoil hats. Those hats
have to be uncomfortable in hot weather, with metal on skin. The
perfect solution: spammerskin linings -- or at least sweat bands.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

WhzzKdd

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> WhzzKdd wrote:
>> "Mara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> No. That takes them out WAY too quickly. It should be as slow and as
>>> painful as possible.

>> Okay - shoot them in both hands. That'll stop the dialing and typing
>> while they bleed out.

> Wait. The we that there is none of could benefit mankind TWO ways with
> this. Sloooooowly skin the spammers. Tan their hides. Use the
> resultant material to line a...er...line of tinfoil hats. Those hats
> have to be uncomfortable in hot weather, with metal on skin. The
> perfect solution: spammerskin linings -- or at least sweat bands.

Ooohh - and they don't even need to be dead during skinning - what a great
concept <g>

You sharks are SO wonderfully evil

Blinky the Shark

WhzzKdd wrote:
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> WhzzKdd wrote:
>>> "Mara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Okay - shoot them in both hands. That'll stop the dialing and typing
>>> while they bleed out.

>> Wait. The we that there is none of could benefit mankind TWO ways
>> with this. Sloooooowly skin the spammers. Tan their hides. Use the
>> resultant material to line a...er...line of tinfoil hats. Those hats
>> have to be uncomfortable in hot weather, with metal on skin. The
>> perfect solution: spammerskin linings -- or at least sweat bands.
>>

> Ooohh - and they don't even need to be dead during skinning - what a
> great

Right -- that's why I said "sloooooowly" -- I wasn't just trying to pick
up some overtime.

> concept <g>
>
> You sharks are SO wonderfully evil

<small, tasteful bow>

Oh, and we could impale them first -- that'd also hold them in place
while we flayed them.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

WhzzKdd

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> WhzzKdd wrote:
>> "Blinky the Shark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>> Wait. The we that there is none of could benefit mankind TWO ways
>>> with this. Sloooooowly skin the spammers. Tan their hides. Use the
>>> resultant material to line a...er...line of tinfoil hats. Those hats
>>> have to be uncomfortable in hot weather, with metal on skin. The
>>> perfect solution: spammerskin linings -- or at least sweat bands.
>>>

>> Ooohh - and they don't even need to be dead during skinning - what a
>> great

> Right -- that's why I said "sloooooowly" -- I wasn't just trying to pick
> up some overtime.
>
>> concept <g>
>>
>> You sharks are SO wonderfully evil

> <small, tasteful bow>
>
> Oh, and we could impale them first -- that'd also hold them in place
> while we flayed them.

Especially the GG spammers <BEG>