Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > LLQ on Ethernet Interfaces

LLQ on Ethernet Interfaces

dennis

Hi Group,

is there any way to configure LLQ (priority command) in an policy-map
and apply it to an ethernet interface ?
Actual this is only possible on serial or ATM interfaces !

thx
dennis

James

Yes, it works exactly the same as it does for any other interface.
Create the class-maps, policy-map and attach to the Ethernet Interface
with the "service-policy x out" command.

Here are the relevant config parts from one of my production routers:-

class-map match-all VoIP
match dscp ef
class-map match-all Management
match access-group name Management
class-map match-all Signaling
match dscp af11
!
policy-map 128k-LLQ
class VoIP
priority 34
class Signaling
bandwidth 8
class Management
bandwidth 8
class class-default
fair-queue
random-detect
!
interface FastEthernet0/0
bandwidth 128
tx-ring-limit 3
tx-queue-limit 3
service-policy output 128k

James

dennis

Hi James,

thx for your input...
right now I can't test it...

Here you can see the actual config on a cisco 7206VXR
This config should be applied to a Gi Interface on a Cat6509...but
this diesn't work ...

policy-map voip
class voice
set ip dscp 46
priority 500
class voice-signaling
set ip dscp 26
bandwidth 60

class-map match-any voice-signaling
match ip dscp 26
class-map match-any voice
match ip dscp 46

interface Serial2/3
description xxx
bandwidth 1920
ip address x.x.x.x y.y.y.y
service-policy output voip

Dennis

On 2 Jul., 08:54, James <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Yes, it works exactly the same as it does for any other interface.
> Create the class-maps, policy-map and attach to the Ethernet Interface
> with the "service-policy x out" command.
>
> Here are the relevant config parts from one of my production routers:-
>
> class-map match-all VoIP
> match dscp ef
> class-map match-all Management
> match access-group name Management
> class-map match-all Signaling
> match dscp af11
> !
> policy-map 128k-LLQ
> class VoIP
> priority 34
> class Signaling
> bandwidth 8
> class Management
> bandwidth 8
> class class-default
> fair-queue
> random-detect
> !
> interface FastEthernet0/0
> bandwidth 128
> tx-ring-limit 3
> tx-queue-limit 3
> service-policy output 128k
>
> James

James

I take it that it works on the 7206? Unfortuntely I don't have any
experience with 6500's

Why are you maching against dscp 46 & 26 and then also using a set
command in the policy-map?

James

philxor@gmail.com

On Jul 8, 9:25 pm, James <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I take it that it works on the 7206? Unfortuntely I don't have any
> experience with 6500's
>
> Why are you maching against dscp 46 & 26 and then also using a set
> command in the policy-map?
>
> James

The 7206VXR being a software-based router has the ability to run MQC
type QoS on the Ethernet ports. The 6500 is more like an Ethernet
switch with routing added on, and as such the LAN Ethernet modules
have QoS similar to that of an Ethernet switch like the 3750, 3550,
etc. It's more limited in what it can do QoS-wise and MQC (Modular
QoS) priority/bandwidth commands won't work on those ports. You can
setup a priority-queue by using the "priority-queue out" interface
command and setup the bandwidth amount of that and other queues using
the WRR (weighted round robin) commands. Do a search on CCO for
"PFC QOS"