Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > How to convert AVI and Divx files to dvd to play on standard dvdplayer (uk PAL)

How to convert AVI and Divx files to dvd to play on standard dvdplayer (uk PAL)

Leigh-Jay Kendall

Hello Everyone,
I am new at this dvd burning lark. I have downloaded a
film and complete T.V Series. The Film is a Divx file and the complete
TV series is a AVI file. How can convert them to play on a Standard
(Home)dvd Player (UK PAL) not computer. My dvd burner is a nec +-DVD RW
6650A USB DVD burner. any advise and or web links offering freeware avi
and Divx consion gladly acceppted.

Stuart

"Leigh-Jay Kendall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uULhi.9862$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Everyone,
> I am new at this dvd burning lark. I have downloaded a film
> and complete T.V Series. The Film is a Divx file and the complete TV
> series is a AVI file. How can convert them to play on a Standard (Home)dvd
> Player (UK PAL) not computer. My dvd burner is a nec +-DVD RW 6650A USB
> DVD burner. any advise and or web links offering freeware avi and Divx
> consion gladly acceppted.

ConvertXtoDVD will do it but it's not free - probably easier to get a DVD
player that is DivX compatible.

webvideo2006@yahoo.co.uk

Total video2dvd author can be used free 15 days.
http://www.effectmatrix.com/total_video_to_DVD_Author

Jeff

Leigh-Jay Kendall <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:uULhi.9862$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hello Everyone,
> I am new at this dvd burning lark. I have downloaded a
> film and complete T.V Series. The Film is a Divx file and the complete
> TV series is a AVI file. How can convert them to play on a Standard
> (Home)dvd Player (UK PAL) not computer. My dvd burner is a nec +-DVD RW
> 6650A USB DVD burner. any advise and or web links offering freeware avi
> and Divx consion gladly acceppted.

Things may be different in UK, but in US every burner I have seen comes
with the software (Nero or Roxio) to do that. They may not do the best
quality conversion but they don't cost extra.

a3721 a3721 is offline
Junior Member

You can try to use SuperDVD Video Editor,It's a free software,but it's very powerful