Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Error Message

Error Message

Chad S

I recently bought a new Dell computer and as I'm still on dial up before my
broadband is installed I wanted to find out how to fix the error which seems
to restart my computer but before I can note anything down it has to do a
Startup Repair but today I didn't press enter for this option and ended up
with a technical information message.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical Information: ***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x0000001D,
0x00000000, 0x8107FFD9)

Any idea on what this is? And how I can sort it out to stop my hardware from
causing this error?

Thanks in Advance!

ded

"Chad S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:L0Lhi.10174$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I recently bought a new Dell computer and as I'm still on dial up before my
>broadband is installed I wanted to find out how to fix the error which
>seems to restart my computer but before I can note anything down it has to
>do a Startup Repair but today I didn't press enter for this option and
>ended up with a technical information message.
>
> IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
>
> Technical Information: ***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x0000001D,
> 0x00000000, 0x8107FFD9)
>
> Any idea on what this is? And how I can sort it out to stop my hardware
> from causing this error?
>
> Thanks in Advance!

A driver issue, you probably have incorrect/corrupt driver installed.
Read this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818501/en-us

why?

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 10:06:35 GMT, Chad S wrote:

>I recently bought a new Dell computer and as I'm still on dial up before my
>broadband is installed I wanted to find out how to fix the error which seems
>to restart my computer but before I can note anything down it has to do a
>Startup Repair but today I didn't press enter for this option and ended up
>with a technical information message.

Look at the many previous posts in 24SHSHD
http://groups.google.com/group/24hou...elpdesk/topics
33 results for IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

you get stuff like
===========================
>> IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

>> STOP: 0x0000000A (0x000000B0,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x804EE061)

See past posts in 24HSHD
http://groups.google.com/group/24hou...elpdesk/topics

You can search www.google.com , http://support.microsoft.com for those
messages.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

and, try taking the : out.

STOP 0x0000000A

http://www.google.com/search?q=stop+..._LESS_OR_EQUAL

http://search.microsoft.com/results....00A+IRQL+NOT+L...

Somewhere on the same error screen you may see a driver name below the
STOP line. If you add that to the search as, well it may narrow down the
matches.
===========================

===========================
From a Ron Martell post
See the rest of the thread using
http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&
and search for the message-id.

Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
Subject: Re: Similar XP problems
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 23:35:23 GMT

Identifying the cause of STOP errors using PSTAT & Excel

Many times when a STOP error occurs the information provided does not
specifically identify the application, device driver, or other
component file where the error occurred. However the 4 parameters
associated with the STOP (bugcheck) code will very often include one
that is the address where the error occurred. You first need to look
up the detailed information about the specific STOP code in order to
determine if the address is included and if so which of the 4
parameters has the address.

You can identify the meaning of each of the parameters for your
specific STOP code at:

The second step in the procedure is to identify the addresses that
each active process is being loaded at. The PSTAT utility will
provide this information. On some systems the PSTAT utility may
already be present. Check this by opening a Command Prompt window
(Start - Run - CMD) and entering the following command:

PSTAT /?

If PSTAT is not on your computer you can download it free from
Microsoft. The download is called "Windows XP Service Pack 2 Support
Tools" and it is available from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...d=49AE8576-9BB...
With PSTAT installed on your computer the next step is to open a
Command Prompt window again (Start - Run - CMD) and generate a report
with PSTAT. Because you need to copy part of the information from
this report (and only part) it is best to create the report as a text
file. In the Command Prompt window enter the following command:

===========================

and www.google.com

Maybe further details in the event log, again see recent posts.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Chad S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I recently bought a new Dell computer and as I'm still on dial up before my
>broadband is installed I wanted to find out how to fix the error which seems
>to restart my computer but before I can note anything down it has to do a
>Startup Repair but today I didn't press enter for this option and ended up
>with a technical information message.

XP? hit F8 on boot up, select not to reboot on error.

Then turn it off
http://home.earthlink.net/~lreynol92...l/rebootof.htm

>IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Is a driver issue, most likely due to the last thing you installed -
uninstall it.

Read your event viewer for hints.

--

What happened before the Big Bang?
http://tinyurl.com/2brkrj

Plato

Chad S wrote:

> Technical Information: ***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x0000001D,
> 0x00000000, 0x8107FFD9)
>
> Any idea on what this is? And how I can sort it out to stop my hardware from
> causing this error?

Stop Issues:

http://www.updatexp.com/stop-messages.html
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm