Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Motherboard problems (help pleze)

Motherboard problems (help pleze)

bods.funk@tiscali.co.uk

I built a sytem using 754 socket m/board, sempron 2600 cpu and 512ram,
loaded xp with no problems and ran for 1day then turned off, when i
cam to turn it back on it would not do a thing, i pulled out the power
lead and reset the CMOS bt wen i pluged the power lead back in the
sytem booted straight up, i get no display on the screen, no system
eror beeps and i can not turn it off at the switch, only thing i can
do i pull the power lead out bt when u put it back in it does the same
thing. Ive tested the POWER SUPLY, MEMORY in my other pc and there
fine, ive tuck the m/board out the case and just connected it to a
power suply with a fan so that i can see when its on and still does
the same thing, just turns itself on as soon as i plug the power lead
in, ive tried takin the cmos battry of and same thing, i have rang the
technical support from were i got it and they said its faulty, only
problem is this is the 3rd time it has happend this week, twice with
MSI boards and once with an ECS board.
Anybody got any ideas or had the same problem.

Thanx, Bods

Mike Easter

> I built a sytem

> when i
> cam to turn it back on it would not do a thing,

> this is the 3rd time it has happend this week, twice with
> MSI boards and once with an ECS board.

If I'm understanding correctly, you built 3 systems this week and they
all failed in short order. That is, you put 3 different mobo/s in the
same case/PS & ram and had 3 similar problems.

> Ive tested the POWER SUPLY, MEMORY in my other pc and there
> fine,

More on that later.

> ive tuck the m/board out the case and just connected it to a
> power suply with a fan so that i can see when its on and still does
> the same thing, just turns itself on as soon as i plug the power lead
> in,

I'm not sure how you are doing that. There are switch leads/connectors
on the mobo.

What is the model of this mobo and is there a webpage with its leads to
the case switch and how did the case switch get wired - at the factor or
what?

--
Mike Easter