Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Laptop has a unique identifying code number

Laptop has a unique identifying code number

WhzzKdd

"Radium" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> On Jun 30, 10:45 pm, Mitch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Everyone understands it.
>> But the way it is fought is by being individuals standing up against it.
>> Not by hiding behind nicknames, pretending to be other people, tyring
>> to be more secretive, or trying to do things that the soceity considers
>> inappropriate or criminal.
>>
>> In other words, you are responding in the wrong way.

> I want a feeling of revenge. Disgusting the public society, is the
> only way in which I can acheive that relieving sensation.

Like I said: smells like a troll.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

WhzzKdd wrote:
> "Radium" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>
>>On Jun 30, 10:45 pm, Mitch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>Everyone understands it.
>>>But the way it is fought is by being individuals standing up against it.
>>>Not by hiding behind nicknames, pretending to be other people, tyring
>>>to be more secretive, or trying to do things that the soceity considers
>>>inappropriate or criminal.
>>>
>>>In other words, you are responding in the wrong way.

>>I want a feeling of revenge. Disgusting the public society, is the
>>only way in which I can acheive that relieving sensation.
>>

> Like I said: smells like a troll.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, what
you got is a troll.

WhzzKdd

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> WhzzKdd wrote:
>> "Radium" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

>>>I want a feeling of revenge. Disgusting the public society, is the
>>>only way in which I can acheive that relieving sensation.
>>>

>> Like I said: smells like a troll.
>>

> If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, what
> you got is a troll.

Ducky. Just freakin' ducky.

Mitch

In article <CFXhi.54$(E-Mail Removed)>, WhzzKdd
<frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote:

> > I want a feeling of revenge. Disgusting the public society, is the
> > only way in which I can acheive that relieving sensation.
> >

> Like I said: smells like a troll.

And a moron, apparently.
He thinks 'disgusting' is a verb.
He thinks annoying others is a purpose.
He thinks he deserves help because he has a reason.

I hope one of you live near him.

Bucky Breeder

> On Jun 18, 10:28 am, Whiskers <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Your laptop has a unique identifying code number by which it
>> is identified by any network to which it tries to connect

Radium <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com:

> Is it theoretically-possible to store this number in the laptop's HDD
> platters - instead of the wifi card -- so that I can change this code
> whenever I want to?
>
> Most laptops will store this code in a hard-wired chip on the wifi
> card. If it's stored in a magnetic disc instead, it is RAM, and hence
> much easier to modify. Right?

Sure! But you'd need access to one of those sophisticated sound input
devices that plug into most computers. Perhaps you could borrow one from a
friend if you don't have access to one. If you are near a Walmart, or a
Radio Shack, and have enough petrol to travel there, you may could obtain one
there. These devices are called "microphones" and they could cost upwards of
$1.69 US, plus, you'll likely have to pay tax on it as well.

But if you are willing to go to the expense of obtaining the hardware, you
could manually spoof the code onto your HDD. Your machine would have to be
offline to do it and then once the deed was done, you'd have to reboot, and
repeat the process each time you change it, but that may be what you're
looking for.

Now you may have to Google for the exact procedure "farting a laptop's
unique identifying code manually to the HDD in hexidecimal" - this is not the
same as farting an area code and phone number into a pay phone because you
have to fart the hexidecimal code into the microphone and then quickly save
it to your HDD. You have to save it first as a WAV file and then convert it.
Possibly just download one of those freeware converters for that part.

Some people can use that hand in the armpit make a fist and clap the elbow
method, but it's not recommended unless you're quite the expert because just
one little mistake and you have to start all over. And then sitting around
in a hot spot with one hand in your armpit whilst you be flapping your elbow
about could appear quite daft to passersby, now wouldn't it? If you're
trying not to be identified, sitting on the microphone would likely be the
most inconspicuous method. Of course if a passerby came near what didn't
have a head cold might be wondering "who's doing all the farting?" But,
likely you could cover that contingency by having a bag with you from
Arthur's Fish & Chips, or something of the sort.

Like when I fart a really potent one out in the public's purview, and someone
looks at me in that strange "I'm smelling something" way, I just squences my
nose a bit and look back at them really strong and condescending, and feigns
a look-away, like they were the one what was doing the farting and I'm trying
not to take note of it at all.

Anyways, once you gets your WAV farted out in hexidecimal, and converted,
then you might put into your RAM using one of those memory managers which can
get for free or ask about some software over in news:alt.comp.freeware -
they'd likely have some experts in the procedure over there.

Personally, I *want* everyone to recognize me in the hot spots, because I
frequently get a one-time-only shag-on like that. What's the fun of it if
not, ehh?

--

http://www.misternicehands.com/

(Click on either hand...)

If: You don't think "The Simpsons" is all that funny,
but you watch it because that Flanders fellow
makes a lot of sense...

then, you *might* be a Republican!

WhzzKdd

"Mitch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:010720072214480042%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <CFXhi.54$(E-Mail Removed)>, WhzzKdd
> <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote:
>
>> > I want a feeling of revenge. Disgusting the public society, is the
>> > only way in which I can acheive that relieving sensation.
>> >

>> Like I said: smells like a troll.

> And a moron, apparently.
> He thinks 'disgusting' is a verb.
> He thinks annoying others is a purpose.
> He thinks he deserves help because he has a reason.
>
> I hope one of you live near him.

Near enough to get him down with the first swing...and hold him until the
rest of us arrive...

Radium

On Jul 2, 11:39 am, "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote:

> Near enough to get him down with the first swing...and hold him until the
> rest of us arrive...

Oh no! Not the lynch mob!