Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: Friday afternoon PEBCAK

OT: Friday afternoon PEBCAK

Briscobar

Phone rings at 5:01....ring F-ing ring:
"Ken, hi. I'm having a problem with my computer. Its saying 'inaccessible
boot device' and some other stuff. Can you come look at it?"
"Yeah, do you have a floppy disk in the drive?"
"Uh, no."
"Hmm. Alright, do you have a CD in the CD drive?"
"Lemme check.....nope, nothing there, either."
"This is awesome, I love broken stuff on Friday afternoons. I'll be up in a
minute."

So I get up there, find out exactly what she was doing when the problem
started, blah blah blah. Turns out, there *was* a floppy in the drive, and
when she went to shut down for the day, she restarted instead of shut down.
Of course, with a floppy in the drive, this ain't gonna work. Whether she
realized this or not, she pulled the floppy out while the computer was
rebooting, but apparently not soon enough. So, when I asked her if there was
a floppy in the drive, she said no, but she should have told me that there
*was* one in the drive. Lusers. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

Needless to say, I changed her password and I feel the flu coming on...I
might not be in Monday. Sucka!

--

KB - MCNGP "*cough* thug" #26

Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

MCNGP members will fix your car, free of charge. Ask us about it at
www.mcngp.com.