Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Video Podcasts- Bjarne Stroustrup,Herb Sutter, Scott Meyers, Stephen Dewhurst

Video Podcasts- Bjarne Stroustrup,Herb Sutter, Scott Meyers, Stephen Dewhurst

EDG

If you enjoy learning from experts, check out the video podcast
series
entitled, "OnSoftware".
Available in iTunes or at www.onpodcastweekly.com. Features
interviews
with thought leaders in C++ including Scott Meyers, and Stephen
Dewhurst.

Episode 1: Design and Evolution of C++ by Bjarne Stroustrup and Herb
Sutter
Episode 2: High Performance Applications with C++ by Bjarne
Stroustrup
and Herb Sutter

By way of disclosure, I am with the publisher, Pearson Education-
Addison-Wesley.

Al Balmer

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 17:40:16 -0000, EDG <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>By way of disclosure, I am with the publisher, Pearson Education-
>Addison-Wesley.

VP in charge of spam?

--
Al Balmer
Sun City, AZ

Richard Heathfield

EDG said:

<snip>

> By way of disclosure, I am with the publisher, Pearson Education-
> Addison-Wesley.

Never, ever spam technical groups.

There really are people here who will (a) never buy a book from you
again, despite having been regular customers up to now, and (b) launch
a drip-by-drip anti-you campaign lasting for years or even decades -
"Addison Wesley? <sniff> Used to be a good company, then got taken over
by the spammers; don't fund spammers by buying Addison-Wesley books",
etc etc. I'm not saying I'd go for (b) myself - I'd probably stick with
(a), personally - but I'm just me. Oh, I nearly forgot (c), which is
that you may well find that some of your authors aren't too happy about
being promoted via spam in technical newsgroups either. Fortunately I'm
not an A-W author, and unlikely to become one, so it doesn't apply to
me, but it may well apply to those in the A-W stable, and some of them
are not the kind of people you want to unhappify.

Never, ever spam technical groups.

Addison Wesley has an excellent reputation as a publishing house for
high quality technical books. I have immediately to hand at this random
moment in time the Dragon Book, TAOCP I, II and III, Brooks's "The
Mythical Man-Month", and TC++PL. Those are just the ones in the
desk-side cache. I'm sure there are several more in the book-room. And
I have no particular desire to divest myself of any of these books. But
every spam from Addison Wesley that appears in this group is another
reason never to add to their number.

Never, ever spam technical groups.

Ever.

Email: -www. +rjh@