Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Changing Test Venders?

Reply
Thread Tools

Changing Test Venders?

 
 
Ben
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-11-2005
Hi,

I've taken my last 5 exams with Thompson Prometric, the test centre is about
30 miles away, however I've just found Pearson Vue have a test centre less
than a mile away. Is it a good idea to change test venders 1/2 way through
my certification, or should I stick with Prometric?

Cheers

Ben


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Briscobar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-11-2005
In news:%(E-Mail Removed),
Ben <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:
> Hi,
>
> I've taken my last 5 exams with Thompson Prometric, the test centre
> is about 30 miles away, however I've just found Pearson Vue have a
> test centre less than a mile away. Is it a good idea to change test
> venders 1/2 way through my certification, or should I stick with
> Prometric?


It makes no difference as far as your certs are concerned. If you're
comfortable in Prometric's place, and it's not a problem to get threre,
stick with it. But on the other hand, you may like Vue better. Personally, I
like Vue, but that's only because it's closer....so there's the rub, I
guess. Might as well try it out, and if you don't like it, go back to
Prometric. The exams are no different, and MS doesn't care in which place
you've taken them. So really, it's all about personal preference.

--

KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

www.mcngp.com is part of a balanced breakfast.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
molsonexpert
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-11-2005

"Ben" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I've taken my last 5 exams with Thompson Prometric, the test centre is

about
> 30 miles away, however I've just found Pearson Vue have a test centre less
> than a mile away. Is it a good idea to change test venders 1/2 way through
> my certification, or should I stick with Prometric?
>
> Cheers
>
> Ben
>
>


I've always preferred Vue. It shouldn't be a problem, but when you book the
next exam, let them know you've tested elsewhere before. I seem to recall
some problems in the past regarding the ID number, so make sure you use the
existing one when you book.

steve.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Neil
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-11-2005
did you hear "Briscobar" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> The exams are no different, and MS doesn't care in which place
> you've taken them.


make sure you let Vue know that you have an MCP ID or you might wind up
getting a new one and you will have to merge them later.

I did find that the move from screen to screen was a little slower in the
Vue exams vs Prometric. still, who cares, same test. Vue does have a few
more discounts than Prometric appears to have. If you need a 15% off
discount I have one (though I am not sure it will work in the US. Will
work in Canada). no limit on how many can use it or how often. code is
MSAU719D0F93 and will work till April.

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to blame you.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ben
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-12-2005

"Neil" <guess!!!@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9616992DF7611neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6...
> did you hear "Briscobar" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > The exams are no different, and MS doesn't care in which place
> > you've taken them.

>
> make sure you let Vue know that you have an MCP ID or you might wind up
> getting a new one and you will have to merge them later.
>
> I did find that the move from screen to screen was a little slower in the
> Vue exams vs Prometric. still, who cares, same test. Vue does have a few
> more discounts than Prometric appears to have. If you need a 15% off
> discount I have one (though I am not sure it will work in the US. Will
> work in Canada). no limit on how many can use it or how often. code is
> MSAU719D0F93 and will work till April.
>
> --
> Neil MCNGP#30
>
> - I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to blame you.


Neil,

Thats great, thanks a lot! I think I'll give VUE a try, the test centre is 2
mins from where I live! Going to book 70-217 now!

Ben


 
Reply With Quote
 
Ben
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-12-2005
Neil,

Are you sure that code is correct? Just tried it and it doesn't work. Maybe
its a one time only code?

Ben

"Neil" <guess!!!@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9616992DF7611neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6...
> did you hear "Briscobar" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > The exams are no different, and MS doesn't care in which place
> > you've taken them.

>
> make sure you let Vue know that you have an MCP ID or you might wind up
> getting a new one and you will have to merge them later.
>
> I did find that the move from screen to screen was a little slower in the
> Vue exams vs Prometric. still, who cares, same test. Vue does have a few
> more discounts than Prometric appears to have. If you need a 15% off
> discount I have one (though I am not sure it will work in the US. Will
> work in Canada). no limit on how many can use it or how often. code is
> MSAU719D0F93 and will work till April.
>
> --
> Neil MCNGP#30
>
> - I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to blame you.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Ben
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-12-2005
Now this is annoying. If I buy the MS Vue test voucer its $115 (63), if I
buy the one for the UK its $160 (87), which is basically the same cost as
normal.

Will the cheaper voucher work in the UK? If not can I buy the prometric
voucher, will that work in the UK?
If not anyone got a voucher?

Ben

"Too tight to pay the full price!"


 
Reply With Quote
 
catwalker63
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-13-2005
"Ben" <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaslessly in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Neil,
>
> Are you sure that code is correct? Just tried it and it doesn't work.
> Maybe its a one time only code?
>
> Ben
>
> "Neil" <guess!!!@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:Xns9616992DF7611neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6...
>> did you hear "Briscobar" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> > The exams are no different, and MS doesn't care in which place
>> > you've taken them.

>>
>> make sure you let Vue know that you have an MCP ID or you might wind
>> up getting a new one and you will have to merge them later.
>>
>> I did find that the move from screen to screen was a little slower in
>> the Vue exams vs Prometric. still, who cares, same test. Vue does
>> have a few more discounts than Prometric appears to have. If you need
>> a 15% off discount I have one (though I am not sure it will work in
>> the US. Will work in Canada). no limit on how many can use it or how
>> often. code is MSAU719D0F93 and will work till April.


Are you in the US? He did mention that it might only work in Canada.

--
Catwalker
aka Pu$$y Feet
BS, MCP
MCNGP #43
www.mcngp.com
faq.mcngp.com

"Incredible! One of the worst performances of my career and they never
doubted it for a second."
 
Reply With Quote
 
catwalker63
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-13-2005
"Ben" <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaslessly in
news:#(E-Mail Removed):

> Now this is annoying. If I buy the MS Vue test voucer its $115 (63),
> if I buy the one for the UK its $160 (87), which is basically the
> same cost as normal.
>
> Will the cheaper voucher work in the UK? If not can I buy the
> prometric voucher, will that work in the UK?
> If not anyone got a voucher?
>
> Ben
>
> "Too tight to pay the full price!"
>
>
>


Buy the UK version.

--
Catwalker
aka Pu$$y Feet
BS, MCP
MCNGP #43
www.mcngp.com
faq.mcngp.com

"Incredible! One of the worst performances of my career and they never
doubted it for a second."
 
Reply With Quote
 
Neil
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-13-2005
did you hear catwalker63 <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:Xns9617AEEE25062catwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136:

> Are you in the US? He did mention that it might only work in Canada.


Yes, I did mention that. Sorry Ben, that's the way it works...

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- Dear Lord, the gods have been good to me. As an offering, I present
these milk and cookies. If you wish me to eat them instead, please give me
no sign whatsoever... thy will be done (munch munch munch). - Homer Simpson
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
test test test richard Computer Support 3 01-24-2007 05:18 AM
TEST TEST Test...Blah Blah Blah generalbatguano@pacbell.net Computer Support 2 09-15-2006 03:47 AM
TEST TEST Test...Blah Blah Blah Generalbatguano@pacbell.net Computer Support 6 09-13-2006 01:53 AM
TEST TEST TEST Gazwad Computer Support 2 09-05-2003 07:32 PM
test test test test test test test Computer Support 2 07-02-2003 06:02 PM



Advertisments