Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Allow the user to select a folder

Allow the user to select a folder

Kuldeep

Hi all,

I have a requirement, where the user has to select a folder and all the
files in that folder have to be imported to my databse.
To acheive this i need a control which enables the user to select only a
"FOLDER", and does not expect the user to select a file.

When "html - fileInput" or "asp:FileUpload" is used, these controls do not
accept a selected folder and expects a single file to be selected.

My environment:

Framework: Visual Studio 2005
Technology: ASP.NET 2.0
Language: C#.NET 2.0

Thanks in advance,
Kuldeep

=?Utf-8?B?U2l2YSBN?=

There is no way unless you want to try some ActiveX.

"Kuldeep" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a requirement, where the user has to select a folder and all the
> files in that folder have to be imported to my databse.
> To acheive this i need a control which enables the user to select only a
> "FOLDER", and does not expect the user to select a file.
>
> When "html - fileInput" or "asp:FileUpload" is used, these controls do not
> accept a selected folder and expects a single file to be selected.
>
> My environment:
>
> Framework: Visual Studio 2005
> Technology: ASP.NET 2.0
> Language: C#.NET 2.0