Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Failed Exam 070-297

Failed Exam 070-297

blastingfonda

cldpeak wrote:
> I suspect that most people, like me will remember something because

they
> actually had to do it. That's all I'm saying about an effective exam

prep.
> It must have large complex labs where such a fact is buried in the

process of
> doing the lab. This way you don't have an "easy" paper MCSE- you

have to do
> the work.

If it's any consolation, Microsoft seems to be headed in that direction
with "simulation" based questions (I believe starting at the end of
this month even).

Ideally, for these design exams, Microsoft should present a scenario
and allow people to go to town on a virtual server and set up something
or fix a problem within a specified period of time. This would truly
measure real world ability better than open-ended test questions would.
You can't fudge or braindump the ability to set up a DNS server, config
an IIS server or lock down a security policy.

SJ

if there is a way to cheat a cheater will find it.

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...