Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Looking for help with MTU/RWIN settings to optimize EVDO

Looking for help with MTU/RWIN settings to optimize EVDO

Matt

I'm looking for help with setting MTU and RWIN to optimize EVDO on a
Windows XP laptop I have running Sprint EVDO service (with a Novatel
EX720).

I have started this wiki page in an attempt to enable the Windows
wireless-networking/EVDO community(ies) to resolve on a consensus
procedure and tools:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows...nce_optimizing

I did this in part because I'm having significant difficulty figuring
out what the optimal settings or procedures are from this thread:

http://www.evdoforums.com/thread504.html

....or even how to tell what settings I do have for my EVDO system. One
challenge: I think many of the networking-management optimizers/tools
were not written with EVDO in mind or with EVDO support, but I'm only
guess.

For a specific reference to my questions and problems in the above
thread, one can start reading at this post later in the thread:

http://www.evdoforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=33481#33481

Thanks for any help,
-Matt
--
Remove "downwithspammers-" text to email me.