Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > unhappy with langa?

unhappy with langa?

I go way back with Langa. When he started charging for his
letter, I paid for it for what I thought was a pretty fair cost
with decent content.

What happened to him? Did he burn out trying to run things
himself and now turn it over to a buddy or two? I mean if the
guys in semi-retirement, more power to him. I hope he does well,
but this newest form of his newsletter sucks.

Bucky Breeder

TO <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:468414ce$0$26882$c3e8da3
@news.astraweb.com:

> I go way back with Langa. When he started charging for his
> letter, I paid for it for what I thought was a pretty fair cost
> with decent content.
>
> What happened to him? Did he burn out trying to run things
> himself and now turn it over to a buddy or two? I mean if the
> guys in semi-retirement, more power to him. I hope he does well,
> but this newest form of his newsletter sucks.

What are you babbling about?

--

http://tinyurl.com/2gryka

If :

Earth ever quits the rock group, will all they
do is get on stage, fart and light matches?

Mike Easter

TO wrote:
> I go way back with Langa. When he started charging for his
> letter, I paid for it for what I thought was a pretty fair cost
> with decent content.

Langalist merged with Brian Livingston's Window's Secrets.

> What happened to him? Did he burn out trying to run things
> himself and now turn it over to a buddy or two? I mean if the
> guys in semi-retirement, more power to him. I hope he does well,
> but this newest form of his newsletter sucks.

I don't know what is going to happen in the future. According to
Livingston, Fred Langa is on summer sabbatical and he is touring N.
America on his motorcycle and staying in campgrounds some. Fred sez his
wife Michelle isn't riding with him, but will travel to and visit with
him from time to time during the summer.

According to the windowssecrets site, Langa is now editor at large,
Brian is editorial director, and now Scott Dunn is associate editor and
Jody Braverman is managing editor.

Supposedly Langa is going to be making 4 housecalls on his trip and
writing them up to contribute.

--
Mike Easter

gaspin

TO <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:468414ce$0$26882$c3e8da3
@news.astraweb.com:

> I go way back with Langa. When he started charging for his
> letter, I paid for it for what I thought was a pretty fair cost
> with decent content.
>
> What happened to him? Did he burn out trying to run things
> himself and now turn it over to a buddy or two? I mean if the
> guys in semi-retirement, more power to him. I hope he does well,
> but this newest form of his newsletter sucks.

Amen…not worth reading anymore. BTW, he is on a year long vacation riding
his motorcycle around the counttry.

Mike Easter

TO wrote:

> but this newest form of his newsletter sucks.

Ron Schenone's blog at lockergnome has an article and a number of
commentaries which were posted in response to the his article between
2006 Dec and the present.

http://www.lockergnome.com/nexus/bla...miss-you-fred/
A open letter to Mr. Fred Langa of the now defunct 'solo' Langalist
Newsletter:

--
Mike Easter

Plato

TO wrote:

> I go way back with Langa. When he started charging for his
> letter, I paid for it for what I thought was a pretty fair cost
> with decent content.
>
> What happened to him? Did he burn out trying to run things
> himself and now turn it over to a buddy or two? I mean if the
> guys in semi-retirement, more power to him. I hope he does well,
> but this newest form of his newsletter sucks.

He burned out with the constant deadlines always having to find new
topics of interest. He even had his house posted for sale on his website
a year or so back. Once you charge for a newsletter you are stuck with
the deadlines and it can get hairy.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Blinky the Shark

Mike Easter wrote:

> I don't know what is going to happen in the future. According to
> Livingston, Fred Langa is on summer sabbatical and he is touring N.
> America on his motorcycle and staying in campgrounds some. Fred sez his
> wife Michelle isn't riding with him, but will travel to and visit with
> him from time to time during the summer.

Well, *somebody* in the family has to have a real job.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Blinky the Shark

TO wrote:
> I go way back with Langa. When he started charging for his letter, I
> paid for it for what I thought was a pretty fair cost with decent
> content.
>
> What happened to him? Did he burn out trying to run things himself
> and now turn it over to a buddy or two? I mean if the guys in
> semi-retirement, more power to him. I hope he does well, but this
> newest form of his newsletter sucks.

From the plain English above, which is - unusually for Usenet - actually
well punctuated and correctly cased, it's apparent that he's expressing
displeasure with the quality of today's Langalist.

--

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> TO wrote:
>> I go way back with Langa. When he started charging for his letter, I
>> paid for it for what I thought was a pretty fair cost with decent
>> content.
>>
>> What happened to him? Did he burn out trying to run things himself
>> and now turn it over to a buddy or two? I mean if the guys in
>> semi-retirement, more power to him. I hope he does well, but this
>> newest form of his newsletter sucks.

> From the plain English above, which is - unusually for Usenet - actually
> well punctuated and correctly cased, it's apparent that he's expressing
> displeasure with the quality of today's Langalist.

Ignore, please. I meant to respond to Bucky Breeder's failure to
understand the post I quoted. My bad.

unhappy the-.owls Computer Support 5 07-16-2007 09:17 PM
Unhappy Vista owner PWN Computer Support 8 02-18-2007 03:29 PM
Opening large text file makes program unhappy. hazmaz@gmail.com C++ 8 06-25-2006 05:14 AM
Unhappy with numarray docs Matt Feinstein Python 5 06-01-2005 06:36 PM
Very unhappy about Mozilla J. Yazel Firefox 31 11-07-2004 10:20 PM

Advertisments