Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > aspnet_wp.exe did not work after installed Framework 2.0

aspnet_wp.exe did not work after installed Framework 2.0

=?Utf-8?B?RkQ=?=

After .NET framework 2.0 installed, aspnet_wp.exe did not work when attached
it in VS2003 to debug in run time.
Before, attatching it as Common Language Runtime debug, and set breakpoints
in C# code, it worked properly. But after, the process did not stop at any C#
breakpoint. Only IE set as script debuging works in client side.
Any idea?
Thanks.

Alexey Smirnov

On Jun 28, 4:00 pm, FD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> After .NET framework 2.0 installed, aspnet_wp.exe did not work when attached
> it in VS2003 to debug in run time.
> Before, attatching it as Common Language Runtime debug, and set breakpoints
> in C# code, it worked properly. But after, the process did not stop at any C#
> breakpoint. Only IE set as script debuging works in client side.
> Any idea?
> Thanks.

VS2003 is designed to work with 1.1

=?Utf-8?B?RkQ=?=

You mean VS2003 and VS2005 should not install in same machine?
I know VS2003 worked with 1.1.
The question is after installed VS2005 with 2.0, VS2003 will not work for
runtime debug anymore? Otherwise, it needs some other configure to make it
working?
Thanks.

"Alexey Smirnov" wrote:

> On Jun 28, 4:00 pm, FD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > After .NET framework 2.0 installed, aspnet_wp.exe did not work when attached
> > it in VS2003 to debug in run time.
> > Before, attatching it as Common Language Runtime debug, and set breakpoints
> > in C# code, it worked properly. But after, the process did not stop at any C#
> > breakpoint. Only IE set as script debuging works in client side.
> > Any idea?
> > Thanks.

> VS2003 is designed to work with 1.1

Juan T. Llibre

Please see if any of the workarounds in this KB help you :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306172

What is the exact error message returned when you attempt to debug ?

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
======================================
"FD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You mean VS2003 and VS2005 should not install in same machine?
> I know VS2003 worked with 1.1.
> The question is after installed VS2005 with 2.0, VS2003 will not work for
> runtime debug anymore? Otherwise, it needs some other configure to make it
> working?
> Thanks.
>
> "Alexey Smirnov" wrote:
>
>> On Jun 28, 4:00 pm, FD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> > After .NET framework 2.0 installed, aspnet_wp.exe did not work when attached
>> > it in VS2003 to debug in run time.
>> > Before, attatching it as Common Language Runtime debug, and set breakpoints
>> > in C# code, it worked properly. But after, the process did not stop at any C#
>> > breakpoint. Only IE set as script debuging works in client side.
>> > Any idea?
>> > Thanks.

>> VS2003 is designed to work with 1.1

=?Utf-8?B?RkQ=?=

The popup box Microsoft Development Environment display:

The requested attach was not completed successfully.

Program types successfully attached are:
Script

Program types that failed to attach are:
Common Language Runtime

Thanks,
Fang
"Juan T. Llibre" wrote:

> Please see if any of the workarounds in this KB help you :
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306172
>
> What is the exact error message returned when you attempt to debug ?
>

> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> "FD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You mean VS2003 and VS2005 should not install in same machine?
> > I know VS2003 worked with 1.1.
> > The question is after installed VS2005 with 2.0, VS2003 will not work for
> > runtime debug anymore? Otherwise, it needs some other configure to make it
> > working?
> > Thanks.

> >> VS2003 is designed to work with 1.1

Juan T. Llibre

Please review :
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...e5(vs.80).aspx

There's specific instructions on how to workaround your problem there.

Also, can you debug using the CLR Debugger ?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893657

On Jun 28, 5:16 pm, FD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> You mean VS2003 and VS2005 should not install in same machine?
> I know VS2003 worked with 1.1.
> The question is after installed VS2005 with 2.0, VS2003 will not work for
> runtime debug anymore? Otherwise, it needs some other configure to make it
> working?
> Thanks.

No, I didn't mean that. It was unclear that you used VS2003 with 1.1,
sorry