Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Wow, it sure pays to be in a poorer country than the U.S. ...

Wow, it sure pays to be in a poorer country than the U.S. ...

blastingfonda

....in the field of IT.

Lookat all the goodies they get (via the MCP web site):

--------------------------------------
* Save Up To 30 Percent on Certification Exams (Indian Subcontinent
Only)

Discounts of up to 30 percent are available from January through May
2005 on Microsoft Certification Examinations. I.S.C. All MCPs

* Receive a Free Xbox with MCAD Certification (Spain only)

Get the MCAD certification in Spain before April 30, 2005, and receive
one free Xbox with two games, along with a free three-month
subscription to DotNetMania. Spain All MCPs

* Special Offer for MCSE/MCSA Certified Professionals in India to
Acquire Security Specializations

Evolve into a specialized IT professional who can meet the secure
computing requirements of an ever-growing number of businesses. To help
you prepare for the certification, Microsoft Learning will be with you
every step of the way. Our network of Learning Solutions partners is
offering security courses at special prices and there are also offers
on purchasing Self Training kits.

What's more, if you are among the first 3,000 professionals to earn the
security certification, you will receive a limited edition Microsoft
watch. India MCSEs and MCSAs

---------------------------------------

Wow, an Xbox, a nifty M$oft watch, discounts... no wonder so many
Bangladeshers are dying for "please some help answer to Microsoft exam,
all study guide very much thank you, sir" around these here parts.

Now if Microsoft just handed them vouchers for English lessons, we'd
get tech support reps on Microsoft and Dell tech support hotlines we
could actually understand and communicate with and we'd all be happy!

</xenophobe mode off>

=?Utf-8?B?SmVuSA==?=

I could go for the watch!

MS has graciously given us free "do overs" till the end of May. Even though
I have never failed a MS test ( 8 total, passed 270 yesterday), it is a nice
safety blanket just in case.....

JenH

Improve the species.... Breed with a Geek.

"blastingfonda" wrote:

> ....in the field of IT.
>
> Lookat all the goodies they get (via the MCP web site):
>
> --------------------------------------
> * Save Up To 30 Percent on Certification Exams (Indian Subcontinent
> Only)
>
> Discounts of up to 30 percent are available from January through May
> 2005 on Microsoft Certification Examinations. I.S.C. All MCPs
>
> * Receive a Free Xbox with MCAD Certification (Spain only)
>
> Get the MCAD certification in Spain before April 30, 2005, and receive
> one free Xbox with two games, along with a free three-month
> subscription to DotNetMania. Spain All MCPs
>
> * Special Offer for MCSE/MCSA Certified Professionals in India to
> Acquire Security Specializations
>
> Evolve into a specialized IT professional who can meet the secure
> computing requirements of an ever-growing number of businesses. To help
> you prepare for the certification, Microsoft Learning will be with you
> every step of the way. Our network of Learning Solutions partners is
> offering security courses at special prices and there are also offers
> on purchasing Self Training kits.
>
> What's more, if you are among the first 3,000 professionals to earn the
> security certification, you will receive a limited edition Microsoft
> watch. India MCSEs and MCSAs
>
> ---------------------------------------
>
> Wow, an Xbox, a nifty M$oft watch, discounts... no wonder so many
> Bangladeshers are dying for "please some help answer to Microsoft exam,
> all study guide very much thank you, sir" around these here parts.
>
> Now if Microsoft just handed them vouchers for English lessons, we'd
> get tech support reps on Microsoft and Dell tech support hotlines we
> could actually understand and communicate with and we'd all be happy!
>
> </xenophobe mode off>

Neil

did you hear "=?Utf-8?B?SmVuSA==?=" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> ( 8 total, passed 270 yesterday),

Congrats! personally I would go for the x-box. I have a watch

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- "I like camping," Tom said intently.

Neil

did you hear "blastingfonda" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com:

> Now if Microsoft just handed them vouchers for English lessons, we'd
> get tech support reps on Microsoft and Dell tech support hotlines we
> could actually understand and communicate with and we'd all be happy!

doubt it would help. I know tech genius who can't speak english well and
people who speak English who are technologically retarded. Which ones do
you think work the phones on the front lines? <grin>

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- If this were an actual tagline, it would be funny.

=?Utf-8?B?SmVuSA==?=

> ( 8 total, passed 270 yesterday),
>
> Congrats! personally I would go for the x-box. I have a watch
>
> --
> Neil MCNGP#30
>
> - "I like camping," Tom said intently.

Hi, I'm Jen and I'm a video game addict. Can't do the games, because I have
kids and if I play they dont' get fed

It's bad enough that we have a couple of gameboys (with wireless adapters)
and a game cube.

Neil

did you hear "=?Utf-8?B?SmVuSA==?=" <(E-Mail Removed)> say
in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi, I'm Jen and I'm a video game addict.

us: "Hi Jen. it's gonna be oooooooo-kay."
me: "the first step is admitting you have a problem. then ignoring that
you have a problem..."

> Can't do the games, because
> I have kids and if I play they dont' get fed

my teenager insists that I DO play. Mom is lousy at the games but I "KICK
A$$"so she would rather try to nail my hide to the wall in UT2k3 than get
fed... though lately her attentions have turned to this PFY that has been
dropping by. whelp. humph, least he shoveled my walk...
--
Neil MCNGP#30

- On the other hand, you also have five fingers.

meanoldman

I play UT2004 all the time and now that I have a PDA I'm breaking out the
old nes and snes roms.

___________________
meanoldman MCNGP #1

news:Xns961389A764596neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6...
> did you hear "=?Utf-8?B?SmVuSA==?=" <(E-Mail Removed)> say
> in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Hi, I'm Jen and I'm a video game addict.

> us: "Hi Jen. it's gonna be oooooooo-kay."
> me: "the first step is admitting you have a problem. then ignoring that
> you have a problem..."
>
>> Can't do the games, because
>> I have kids and if I play they dont' get fed
>>

> my teenager insists that I DO play. Mom is lousy at the games but I "KICK
> A$$"so she would rather try to nail my hide to the wall in UT2k3 than get
> fed... though lately her attentions have turned to this PFY that has been
> dropping by. whelp. humph, least he shoveled my walk...
> --
> Neil MCNGP#30
>
> - On the other hand, you also have five fingers.

Neil

did you hear "meanoldman" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I play UT2004 all the time and now that I have a PDA I'm breaking out
> the old nes and snes roms.

I haven't broken down and purchased the 2k4 but since sprog 1 is more
interested in the whelp I think I might pass this round and wait for
UT2k6 or whatever.

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- Do Roman paramedics refer to IV's as "4's"?

blastingfonda

Heh, true - I know many, many Americans who seem to speak English as a
second language. And don't get me started on these kids who speak in "r
u a MCSE? OMFG!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!1! kew!" speak.

> doubt it would help. I know tech genius who can't speak english well

and

Judging from your garbled sentence construction here, you must be a
tech genius!

Neil

did you hear "blastingfonda" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> Judging from your garbled sentence construction here, you must be a
> tech genius!

wyh yse I ma, thanks yo berry mush!

--
Neil MCNGP#30