Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > N95 / hash key query

N95 / hash key query

AntiSpamBloke

According to manual, N95 is meant to switch from 'General' to 'Silent'
profile when # is pressed.

Not working for me.

Is it working for you?

Many thanks

--
'From' address is a spamtrap.
Direct email: asb-at-emailssl.com.

Jon

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) declared for all the world to hear...
> According to manual, N95 is meant to switch from 'General' to 'Silent'
> profile when # is pressed.

Press and hold surely? With s a single press I would expect a # to
appear on the display!
--
Regards
Jon

AntiSpamBloke

"Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) et...
> (E-Mail Removed) declared for all the world to hear...
>> According to manual, N95 is meant to switch from 'General' to 'Silent'
>> profile when # is pressed.

> Press and hold surely? With s a single press I would expect a # to
> appear on the display!
> --
> Regards
> Jon

Nope. Nothing.

ISTR that it worked before I installed Truphone 3.0

--
AntiSpamBloke
'From' address is a spamtrap.
Direct email: asb-at-emailssl.com.

Paul Hayes

AntiSpamBloke wrote:
> "Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) et...
>> (E-Mail Removed) declared for all the world to hear...
>>> According to manual, N95 is meant to switch from 'General' to 'Silent'
>>> profile when # is pressed.

>> Press and hold surely? With s a single press I would expect a # to
>> appear on the display!
>> --
>> Regards
>> Jon

> Nope. Nothing.
>
> ISTR that it worked before I installed Truphone 3.0

I've got an N95 here for testing and pressing the hash key doesn't do
anything other than dial a # symbol. Pressing and holding it makes no
difference either.

cheers,
Paul.

AntiSpamBloke

"Paul Hayes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46838202$0$644$(E-Mail Removed)...
> AntiSpamBloke wrote:
>> "Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) et...
>>> (E-Mail Removed) declared for all the world to hear...
>>> Press and hold surely? With s a single press I would expect a # to
>>> appear on the display!
>>> --
>>> Regards
>>> Jon

>> Nope. Nothing.
>>
>> ISTR that it worked before I installed Truphone 3.0
>>

> I've got an N95 here for testing and pressing the hash key doesn't do
> anything other than dial a # symbol. Pressing and holding it makes no
> difference either.
>
> cheers,
> Paul.

Same here.

Does yours reboot for no reason?

--

AntiSpamBloke wrote:
> "Paul Hayes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:46838202$0$644$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> AntiSpamBloke wrote:
>>> "Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) et...
>>> Nope. Nothing.
>>>
>>> ISTR that it worked before I installed Truphone 3.0
>>>

>> I've got an N95 here for testing and pressing the hash key doesn't do
>> anything other than dial a # symbol. Pressing and holding it makes no
>> difference either.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Paul.

> Same here.
>
> Does yours reboot for no reason?

No, I've not seen it do that. The biggest problem I have with it is if
you turn the wifi auto-scanning on, it seems to constantly lose and
re-gain connection with any AP. If I leave it in manual mode so it is
doing no auto-scanning then it seems to stay connected to access points
fairly reliably.

Otherwise, it seems to work OK with Asterisk.

cheers,
Paul.

AntiSpamBloke

"Paul Hayes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4684c76d$0$643$(E-Mail Removed)...
> AntiSpamBloke wrote:
>> "Paul Hayes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:46838202$0$644$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I've got an N95 here for testing and pressing the hash key doesn't do
>>> anything other than dial a # symbol. Pressing and holding it makes no
>>> difference either.
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> Paul.

>> Same here.
>>
>> Does yours reboot for no reason?
>>

> No, I've not seen it do that. The biggest problem I have with it is if
> you turn the wifi auto-scanning on, it seems to constantly lose and
> re-gain connection with any AP. If I leave it in manual mode so it is
> doing no auto-scanning then it seems to stay connected to access points
> fairly reliably.
>
> Otherwise, it seems to work OK with Asterisk.
>
> cheers,
> Paul.

How did you configure yours to do manual scanning?