Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Youtube: Can I upload an audio file to Youtube ?

Youtube: Can I upload an audio file to Youtube ?

pokhara67

I have an MP3 Audio file I would like to upload to youtube,

It says the format is invalid - avi, mov, mpg and wmv formats only are
allowed.

Can I upload an audio file to Youtube ?

Can i convert my MP3 to MPG and then upload it ?

TIA

Meat Plow

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 06:13:30 -0700, pokhara67 wrote:

> I have an MP3 Audio file I would like to upload to youtube,
>
> It says the format is invalid - avi, mov, mpg and wmv formats only are
> allowed.
>
> Can I upload an audio file to Youtube ?
>
> Can i convert my MP3 to MPG and then upload it ?
>
> TIA

No. Youtube = videos only.

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
#8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
COOSN-266-06-25794

Ponder

Hiya pokhara67.

In <news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com> you wrote:

> I have an MP3 Audio file I would like to upload to youtube,
> It says the format is invalid - avi, mov, mpg and wmv formats only are
> allowed.
> Can I upload an audio file to Youtube ?

No.

> Can i convert my MP3 to MPG and then upload it ?

You'd need to create a video. You can use a still image through the whole
thing but it'll still need to be present.

--
PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

pokhara67

On Jun 27, 5:54 pm, Ponder <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hiya pokhara67.
>
> In <news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com> you wrote:
> > I have an MP3 Audio file I would like to upload to youtube,
> > It says the format is invalid - avi, mov, mpg and wmv formats only are
> > allowed.
> > Can I upload an audio file to Youtube ?

> No.
>
> > Can i convert my MP3 to MPG and then upload it ?

> You'd need to create a video. You can use a still image through the whole
> thing but it'll still need to be present.

thanks. what tools would you use to create a video from an mp3 or even
an mpg ?

ded

"pokhara67" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On Jun 27, 5:54 pm, Ponder <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hiya pokhara67.
>>
>> In <news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com> you
>> wrote:
>> > I have an MP3 Audio file I would like to upload to youtube,
>> > It says the format is invalid - avi, mov, mpg and wmv formats only are
>> > allowed.
>> > Can I upload an audio file to Youtube ?

>> No.
>>
>> > Can i convert my MP3 to MPG and then upload it ?

>> You'd need to create a video. You can use a still image through the
>> whole
>> thing but it'll still need to be present.
>>

> thanks. what tools would you use to create a video from an mp3 or even
> an mpg ?

Assuming you have XP, use Windows Movie Maker to create a WMV and
incorporate your MP3 into your production and upload it to YouTube.
Learn everyting you need to know here:
http://www.mightycoach.com/articles/mm2/index.html
http://www.atomiclearning.com/moviemaker2
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...r/default.mspx
http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/

pokhara67

On Jun 27, 6:12 pm, "ded" <stark.*******(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "pokhara67" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>

> > On Jun 27, 5:54 pm, Ponder <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Hiya pokhara67.

> >> No.

> >> You'd need to create a video. You can use a still image through the
> >> whole
> >> thing but it'll still need to be present.

> > thanks. what tools would you use to create a video from an mp3 or even
> > an mpg ?

> Assuming you have XP, use Windows Movie Maker to create a WMV and
> incorporate your MP3 into your production and upload it to YouTube.
> Learn everyting you need to know here:http://www.mightycoach.com/articles/...viemakers.net/

thanks very mucho

Rick Merrill

ded wrote:
> "pokhara67" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> On Jun 27, 5:54 pm, Ponder <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Hiya pokhara67.

>>> No.

>>> You'd need to create a video. You can use a still image through the
>>> whole
>>> thing but it'll still need to be present.
>>>

>> thanks. what tools would you use to create a video from an mp3 or even
>> an mpg ?
>>

> Assuming you have XP, use Windows Movie Maker to create a WMV and
> incorporate your MP3 into your production and upload it to YouTube.
> Learn everyting you need to know here:
> http://www.mightycoach.com/articles/mm2/index.html
> http://www.atomiclearning.com/moviemaker2
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...r/default.mspx
> http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/

AFter making and uploading an MPG file to YouTube, can you
get it back? (or have they converted it to something else, like flash?)

Ponder

Hiya Rick Merrill.

In <news:(E-Mail Removed) > you wrote:

> AFter making and uploading an MPG file to YouTube, can you
> get it back? (or have they converted it to something else, like flash?)

It gets converted to flash, but the trick is not to delete the file you
upload so you still have an unconverted version on your hard disk.
Computers these days are good like that

--
PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

pokhara67

On Jun 28, 8:24 am, Ponder <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hiya Rick Merrill.
>
> In <news:(E-Mail Removed) > you wrote:
> > AFter making and uploading an MPG file to YouTube, can you
> > get it back? (or have they converted it to something else, like flash?)

> It gets converted to flash, but the trick is not to delete the file you
> upload so you still have an unconverted version on your hard disk.
> Computers these days are good like that

yep thats how it works all right !!!
here is the song of my friend with some easy rider footage i quickly
created using windows movie maker and a few other tools such as avi
splitter and mp3 splitter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjqmFbU3xXs

ded

"pokhara67" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On Jun 28, 8:24 am, Ponder <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hiya Rick Merrill.
>>
>> In <news:(E-Mail Removed) > you wrote:
>> > AFter making and uploading an MPG file to YouTube, can you
>> > get it back? (or have they converted it to something else, like
>> > flash?)

>> It gets converted to flash, but the trick is not to delete the file you
>> upload so you still have an unconverted version on your hard disk.
>> Computers these days are good like that
>>

> yep thats how it works all right !!!
> here is the song of my friend with some easy rider footage i quickly
> created using windows movie maker and a few other tools such as avi
> splitter and mp3 splitter.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjqmFbU3xXs

There are plenty of tools to download YouTube and Google clips to your PC
such as "KeepVid" etc. But this one I use:
http://www.remiapsoftware.com/

Once you have downloaded a YouTube clip it will be in .flv format
to convert it to a format that media players can use:
http://www.effectmatrix.com/total-video-converter/

And there are online FLV convertors (no need to download and
install free software) Type in the URL associated with the clip
and these sites will convert it for download:
http://vixy.net/

There is more freeware for converting downloaded clips to MPEG-4
to play on a iPod, PSP, portable media players etc
http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

Deleted YouTube and notorious clips maybe found here
http://youtube.infamousx.com/

YouTube and Google are not the only uploaded video sites:
http://www.metacafe.com/

Veoh includes Hi-Def content:
http://www.veoh.com/

And of course there are sites that have divx content including
full length Hi-Def feature films for download!
http://stage6.divx.com/