Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Sub-domain hosting in IIS (windows 2000 server)

Sub-domain hosting in IIS (windows 2000 server)

=?Utf-8?B?UHJhdmVlbg==?=

how to host several sites with different domain names on a single iis server
using same port no and the same ip add.

Ogre

You need to create a cname record in DNS for each website that you want
to have on the server. In ISS create new websites for each hostname and
add a host header for the identity of the website.

Praveen wrote:
> how to host several sites with different domain names on a single iis server
> using same port no and the same ip add.

Neil

did you hear "=?Utf-8?B?UHJhdmVlbg==?="
<(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> how to host several sites with different domain names on a single iis
> server using same port no and the same ip add.

host headers

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- For every new foolproof invention there is a new and improved fool.

Grasshopper

I had a question like this in my 70-292 exam yesterday and still need some
clarification. Basically the question stated that one of the websites had
stopped and the other 2 were running. One was on port 80, the other on 8089
amd the one that had stopped was on port 80 also. It asked how to get the
website running again. I selected to add a host header and give it a unique
port number. Does this sound correct ?

"Ogre" <iamogreatgmaildotcom> wrote in message
news:uDhAz9%(E-Mail Removed)...
> You need to create a cname record in DNS for each website that you want to
> have on the server. In ISS create new websites for each hostname and add
> a host header for the identity of the website.
>
> Praveen wrote:
>> how to host several sites with different domain names on a single iis
>> server using same port no and the same ip add.

Neil

did you hear "Grasshopper" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:4227a9c4$(E-Mail Removed):

> I had a question like this in my 70-292 exam yesterday and still need
> some clarification. Basically the question stated that one of the
> websites had stopped and the other 2 were running. One was on port 80,
> the other on 8089 amd the one that*snip*

do you like violating the NDA that you signed?

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- All things considered, insanity may be the only reasonable alternative.

Grasshopper

hardly a full reproduction of the question now is it idiot ?

news:Xns960ED9F1281FEneilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6...
> did you hear "Grasshopper" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
> news:4227a9c4$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I had a question like this in my 70-292 exam yesterday and still need
>> some clarification. Basically the question stated that one of the
>> websites had stopped and the other 2 were running. One was on port 80,
>> the other on 8089 amd the one that*snip*

> do you like violating the NDA that you signed?
>
> --
> Neil MCNGP#30
>
> - All things considered, insanity may be the only reasonable alternative.

Neil

did you hear "Grasshopper" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> hardly a full reproduction of the question now is it idiot ?

close enough for me to be concerned. I wonder how MS would feel?

But since we are pointing out personal failings, how do you feel about
swen? or is your hotmail account only used for you to collect spam/virii?

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- Always keep clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

Grasshopper

Well you have my permission to report me to Microsoft. Off you go.

news:Xns960EEBD9F911neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.16 ...
> did you hear "Grasshopper" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> hardly a full reproduction of the question now is it idiot ?
>>

> close enough for me to be concerned. I wonder how MS would feel?
>
> But since we are pointing out personal failings, how do you feel about
> swen? or is your hotmail account only used for you to collect spam/virii?
>
> --
> Neil MCNGP#30
>
> - Always keep clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

Neil

did you hear "Grasshopper" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in news:4227e1f4
@dnews.tpgi.com.au:

> Well you have my permission to report me to Microsoft. Off you go.

oy! are you missing the point of that last post. trying to be a nice guy
here. look at the top of this post. is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) a real
address that you use? Have you ever heard of "swen"? do you know about
address harvesters?

Look, I will grant you that the dig about your NDA was possibly
unwarranted. you are clean enough but I get queasy when I here
discussions like "I had a question like..." as it is talking about the
exam. Fine you didn't quote it verbatum. still the e-mail address listed
above could get you more than you bargined for. MUNGE it! I may be a
Certified PITA (actually that title belongs to someone else I know) but
I'm tryin' ta help ya here.

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- Brother Maynard! Bring out the Holy Hand Grenade!

Grasshopper

It's not my email address

news:Xns960F60A2051A7neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6...