Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > version 2.0.0.4

version 2.0.0.4

tony pac

If I make Firefox my default browser and I click on a link in Vista,I get
this message--Windows cant find https xxxxx,make sure you you typed the name
correctly ---,what's that about,but it will go to that link,but always get
that message first.

Rom

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 05:07:37 -0500, tony pac wrote:

> If I make Firefox my default browser and I click on a link in Vista,I get
> this message--Windows cant find https xxxxx,make sure you you typed the name
> correctly ---,what's that about,but it will go to that link,but always get
> that message first.

Firefox has some issues with setting itself as the default browser.
IME, it's not just in Vista but XP too, say, after upgrading Firefox.

Try this and see if it stops the error messages in Vista:

Go to Control Panel > Programs > Default Programs or Start > Default
Programs, select "Set program access and computer defaults", then
drop-down "Custom" and select () Mozilla Firefox, OK.

I find the radio button doesn't stick with Mozilla Firefox, if you go
back there and look, but seems to work as a temporary workaround.

See the second bullet point here:
<http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0.0.4/releasenotes/#vista>
The first bullet point in these two:
<http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0.0.3/releasenotes/#vista>
<http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0.0.2/releasenotes/#vista>
And back in 2.0.0.1 couldn't be set as the default in Vista:
<http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0.0.1/releasenotes/#vista>

--
Rom