Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > documents in Printer are not in sorted order

documents in Printer are not in sorted order

sujay

Hi,

We are having trouble printing documents in order using our HP 9050DN
series laser printer.

1. There are about thousand Invoices from the appplication that needs
to be Printed in a specific order based on the file datetime
attribute.

2. Each file has a unique datetime attribute to ensure that there is
no contention in the order in which files are printed.

3. The documents are sent to the printer from the application and
printed by the print server.

4. When we check the application logs as well as the Print server
logs, all the documents seem to be queued in the correct order.

5. However when the actual reports come out from the printer output
tray, some of the documents seem to be mixed up. The individual pages
are printing fine, however it is just that the documents are not
coming out in the order in which they were queued up for printing.

6. We have checked the file sizes and also the actual printer server
log to see whether there is any issue with large file sizes or printer
server. However there has been no issues whatsover from the
application and print server.

Any pointers or suggestions would help

Thanks in Advance
Sujai