Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > DWL 650+

DWL 650+

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bG8gRQ==?=

I'm having much trouble to install DWL 650+ into my notebook Compaq EvoN1020v
(Win XP pro). When I install the drivers (the most recent from internet) and
the note starts recognizing the new hardware, it just freezes. I made many
attempts, including asking for support from D-Link. However, when the driver
appears in device manager, it's signed with a yellow !. The cardbus
controller is a Texas Instruments PCI 4410. Is there any conflict here? How
can I deal with this? Does microsoft has any different drivers I could
download?

=?Utf-8?B?VmluYXkgUw==?=

Hi Paulo,
This issue could be because the driver is not digitally signed by
WINXP. Try this option to reinstall the drivers. First uninstall the drivers.
THen before reinstalling the driver, right click MY COMPUTER, click on
Properties, click on "HARDWARE" tab, click on "driver signing", select the
"IGNORE" radio button. and then try.
Regs,
Vinay.S

"Paulo E" wrote:

> I'm having much trouble to install DWL 650+ into my notebook Compaq EvoN1020v
> (Win XP pro). When I install the drivers (the most recent from internet) and
> the note starts recognizing the new hardware, it just freezes. I made many
> attempts, including asking for support from D-Link. However, when the driver
> appears in device manager, it's signed with a yellow !. The cardbus
> controller is a Texas Instruments PCI 4410. Is there any conflict here? How
> can I deal with this? Does microsoft has any different drivers I could
> download?

=?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=

Hi Paulo,
How the driver you've downloaded looks? is it an exe file, or separate
sys and INF, and you do update manually in device manager?
When the notebook freezes, will it release after some time or you reset it?
Have you checked event log?
--PA