Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XQuery equivalent to NOT IN (subquery)

XQuery equivalent to NOT IN (subquery)

thecolour

Hello all

I am looking for the XQuery exquivalent to something like

select field from table1 where field not in (select field from table2)

I have been trying the != operator but it's not what I'm looking for.

Many thanks
Tom

Martin Honnen

thecolour wrote:

> I am looking for the XQuery exquivalent to something like
>
> select field from table1 where field not in (select field from table2)

/table1/field[not(. = /table2/field)]

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

thecolour

On 26 Jun, 13:57, Martin Honnen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> thecolour wrote:
> > I am looking for the XQuery exquivalent to something like

> > select field from table1 where field not in (select field from table2)

> /table1/field[not(. = /table2/field)]
>
> --
>
> Martin Honnen
> http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Thanks very much Martin - that worked a treat!