Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Strange problem with low energy light bulb

Re: Strange problem with low energy light bulb

Barry OGrady

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 06:41:28 +1000, "Sally" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Without taking sides on any other issues, IMO the old rule not to top post
>is out of date! It is much more appropriate in today's environment to top
>post.

Please don't top post. It messes up the attributions and makes you
look stupid.

>"Eeyore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> JANA wrote:
>>
>>> I would recommend you do some thinking before typing (talking).

>> I recommend you stop top-posting.
>>

>>> If you lease the batteries, in the end someone has to pay for them, and
>>> it
>>> will not be owner.

>> If it's a lease who do you mean by the 'owner' ?
>>
>> Don't you even know what leasing is ?
>>

>>> In any case, the owner has to make his money back, plus a
>>> profit. When the batteries are no longer useful, the owner is going to
>>> have
>>> to dispose of the batteries somewhere!!!

>> You idiot.
>>
>> You recycle such batteries not dispose of them.
>>
>> Graham
>>

>>> JANA
>>> _____
>>>
>>> "Eeyore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> The simple and obvious way to deal with this is by leasing the battery,
>>> not
>>> owning it.
>>>
>>> Graham

Barry
=====
Home page
http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
I do not represent atheists or atheism

Barry OGrady

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 17:07:48 +1000, "Sally" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Fair point. But the poster was so incensed about top posting that it did
>call for a reply. Amusing about your assessment!

People don't talk that way.
Why is top posting stupid?

>"John Fields" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 06:41:28 +1000, "Sally" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Without taking sides on any other issues, IMO the old rule not to top post
>>>is out of date! It is much more appropriate in today's environment to top
>>>post.

>> ---
>> If all you want to argue about is the appropriateness of top
>> posting, then I suspect you're intellectually unqualified to take
>> sides on any other issues, are socially challenged and are just
>> another troll.
>>

>> --
>> JF

Barry
=====
Home page
http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
I do not represent atheists or atheism

a t e c 7 7

Barry OGrady wrote:
nothing wrong top posting bazil , especially when people don't snip
> On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 02:59:28 -0400, "JANA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I would recommend you do some thinking before typing (talking).

> You didn't think enough tom avoid top posting.
>

>> If you lease the batteries, in the end someone has to pay for them, and it
>> will not be owner. In any case, the owner has to make his money back, plus a
>> profit. When the batteries are no longer useful, the owner is going to have
>> to dispose of the batteries somewhere!!!
>>
>> --
>>
>> JANA
>> _____
>>

>> "Eeyore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> JANA wrote:
>>
>>> As for the consumer, if he wants to keep his car, the battery replacement
>>> cost is going to be in the average range of $6000 US. If he trades his
>>> car
>>> with the used batteries, this cost will be deducted from the trade-in
>>> value.

>> The simple and obvious way to deal with this is by leasing the battery, not
>> owning it.
>>
>> Graham
>>

> Barry
> =====
> Home page
> http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
> I do not represent atheists or atheism

Evan Platt

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:13:29 +1000, Barry OGrady
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Before you call someone a fool you should learn not to top post.

And you should learn not to middle post.

Evan Platt

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:13:30 +1000, Barry OGrady
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Please don't top post. It messes up the attributions and makes you
>look stupid.

Please don't middle post, and please learn to trim unnecessary text
from your reply. It makes you look stupid.

Mr.T

"Barry OGrady" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>Before you call someone a fool you should learn not to top post.

>>Please don't top post. It messes up the attributions and makes you
>>look stupid.

> People don't talk that way.
> Why is top posting stupid?

Why are people who never shut up about top posters even *more* stupid?

You are so lucky that's the only thing in your life you have to worry about.
Why not accept that others have a choice, just as you do, and get on with
life.
All the ranting in the world will not make you Usenet God.

MrT.

Barry OGrady

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 10:44:26 +0100, Eeyore <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Sally wrote:
>
>> True Mr T!

>True what.
>
>You're comment appears witrhout any context.

What does you are comment mean?

>Graham

Barry
=====

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 17:39:46 +1000, "Sally" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You *like* the foul/fowl language? It must be pleasant at your family
>mealtable, John. In my field and level we regard such indulgences as
>clutter. The pursuit of an intellectual consideration requires meaningful
>expression and entirely precludes it, very word being of value. Strongly
>asserted differences of opinion are very helpful in exploring the truth but
>foul language invariably obscures it. And by the way, attempts to arrive at
>the truth logically involve opinion-holders declaring that they were wrong
>from tem to time (both sides usually (but not always) can't be right). How
>often do you see the abusive posters here stating genuinely that after
>reading the other side they have concluded that they were wrong?

Top posting is abusive.

>"John Fields" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 06:42:49 +1000, "Sally" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>But the old rule to avoid unpleasant language is as valid as ever. How can
>>>you rabbit on about top posters and still resort to foul language?

>> ---
>> One has nothing to do with the other, "Sally", and by top posting
>> you brand yourself as an intellectual midget whose grousing about
>> fowl language is for the birds.
>>

>> --
>> JF

Barry
=====
Home page
http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
I do not represent atheists or atheism

Evan Platt

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:28:52 +1000, Barry OGrady
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Top posting is abusive.

Then WTF do you call middle posting??