Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Strange problem with low energy light bulb

Re: Strange problem with low energy light bulb

Mr.T

"Eeyore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > As for the consumer, if he wants to keep his car, the battery

replacement
> > cost is going to be in the average range of $6000 US. If he trades his

car
> > with the used batteries, this cost will be deducted from the trade-in

value.

> The simple and obvious way to deal with this is by leasing the battery,

not
> owning it.

Sure, but then the lease cost will be even greater to cover the extra
expenses and profits of the lease company.

MrT.

Don Pearce

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 23:31:27 -0400, "JANA" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>When making ethanol fuel from corn, the energy used, is more than what can
>be had from the ethanol. The pollution caused from burning ethanol is worse
>than from petrol. The chemicals released from the burned ethanol are
>dangerous for people with respiratory problems. These chemicals are also
>harmful to plant life.

Ethanol combustion goes as follows:

C2H5OH + 3O2 -> 2CO2 + 3H2O

Problem?

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com

Eeyore

"Mr.T" wrote:

> "Eeyore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> > > As for the consumer, if he wants to keep his car, the battery
> > > replacement cost is going to be in the average range of $6000 US. If he

> trades his
> > > car with the used batteries, this cost will be deducted from the trade-in
> > > value.

> > The simple and obvious way to deal with this is by leasing the battery,
> > not owning it.

> Sure, but then the lease cost will be even greater to cover the extra
> expenses and profits of the lease company.

It's the only way I can see to cushion and average the associated costs.

Graham

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Don Pearce) wrote:

>On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 23:31:27 -0400, "JANA" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>When making ethanol fuel from corn, the energy used, is more than what can
>>be had from the ethanol. The pollution caused from burning ethanol is worse
>>than from petrol. The chemicals released from the burned ethanol are
>>dangerous for people with respiratory problems. These chemicals are also
>>harmful to plant life.

>Ethanol combustion goes as follows:

>C2H5OH + 3O2 -> 2CO2 + 3H2O

>Problem?

So it gives off Dihydrogen Monoxide...
" is a constituent of many known toxic substances, diseases and
disease-causing agents, environmental hazards and can even be lethal
to humans in quantities as small as a thimbleful."
http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

--

http://tinyurl.com/gjpsj

Don Pearce

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 08:37:39 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) (Don Pearce) wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 23:31:27 -0400, "JANA" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>When making ethanol fuel from corn, the energy used, is more than what can
>>>be had from the ethanol. The pollution caused from burning ethanol is worse
>>>than from petrol. The chemicals released from the burned ethanol are
>>>dangerous for people with respiratory problems. These chemicals are also
>>>harmful to plant life.

>>Ethanol combustion goes as follows:

>>C2H5OH + 3O2 -> 2CO2 + 3H2O

>>Problem?

>So it gives off Dihydrogen Monoxide...
>" is a constituent of many known toxic substances, diseases and
>disease-causing agents, environmental hazards and can even be lethal
>to humans in quantities as small as a thimbleful."
>http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Bastard! Never knew it was so nasty...

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com

JANA

Before you call someone an idiot, you should do some research. You are
looking like the fool, not me.

--

JANA
_____

In Europe it's called WEEE but it's ****ed up.

> One speculation is that they will be sending them off to a third world
> country
> to be disposed of.

You're an idiot.

Graham

JANA

I would recommend you do some thinking before typing (talking).

If you lease the batteries, in the end someone has to pay for them, and it
will not be owner. In any case, the owner has to make his money back, plus a
profit. When the batteries are no longer useful, the owner is going to have
to dispose of the batteries somewhere!!!

--

JANA
_____

JANA wrote:

> As for the consumer, if he wants to keep his car, the battery replacement
> cost is going to be in the average range of $6000 US. If he trades his
> car
> with the used batteries, this cost will be deducted from the trade-in
> value.

The simple and obvious way to deal with this is by leasing the battery, not
owning it.

Graham

JANA

There have been publications about the energy usage to make ethanol. You
should research this out before making comments!

--

JANA
_____

JANA wrote:

> When making ethanol fuel from corn, the energy used, is more than what can
> be had from the ethanol.

You're full of crap aren't you ?

> The pollution caused from burning ethanol is worse
> than from petrol.

Utter nonsense.

Graham

JANA

Before you make a comment, you should research things out!

These are independent and proven reports about the environmental problems
with ethanol. The companies that are making the ethanol are like cigarette
companies. They are saying the opposite! But, it has been proven in the
past, that breathing the fumes from burning alcohol can induce asthma, and
other health complications. It is also believed by many health researchers
that the fumes from ethanol can cause cancer.

http://www.foodfirst.org/node/1713

http://news-service.stanford.edu/new...ol-041807.html

http://pubs.acs.org/cgi-bin/abstract...es062085v.html

It takes more energy and causes more pollution to make ethanol, than what it
can deliver back as energy! Not only does the conversion process use more
energy, but there is a lot of energy used to grow, produce, harvest,
process, and transport, the corn to make the ethanol in the first place.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...NG1VDF6EM1.DTL

http://www.igreens.org.uk/ethanol_from_corn_.htm

The ethanol producers, and the corn growers are all for this industry for
obvious reasons. In the mean time, the public, will pay in the end.

Between petrol and diesel, the diesel is actually cleaner burning even
though it may have an odour to it. The odour is caused because the diesel is
more pure oil and produces more carbon. Carbon will settle back to the
ground, and over time it will recycle itself. The fumes from petrol are more
dangerous than diesel. But, ethanol fumes are the most dangerous.

--

JANA
_____

"Mr.T" <MrT@home> wrote in message
news:46836d16$0$1462$(E-Mail Removed) ...

"JANA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The pollution caused from burning ethanol is worse
> than from petrol.

Do you have a reference for this?

>The chemicals released from the burned ethanol are
> dangerous for people with respiratory problems.

So is petrol, diesel is worse still.

MrT.

Mr.T

"JANA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Before you make a comment, you should research things out!

And maybe you should read that I simply asked for a reference and stated
that diesel and petrol also cause health problems.
So as usual everything is a health risk, debate can only seriously be made
on the relative levels of the risk/problems. That first requires more
accurate research to be done which is not funded by vested interests. A
major problem in most cases.

MrT.