Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Routing issue voip.co.uk

Reply
Thread Tools

Routing issue voip.co.uk

 
 
BC
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2007
A work colleague has signed up for an account with voip.co.uk and she
has been issued with a Walsall number in the format of 01922 66xxxx.

She has set up her account with a Linksys SPA2102 and she can make
outgoing calls without a problem, incoming calls is another story.

Calls from a BT landline connect without fail. Calls from a Virginmedia
landline & Vodafone mobile both fail. When I try to call from my Virgin
Mobile occasionally the call will connect, most times I get "The number
you have dialled has not been recognised."

I guess this is a routing issue but I don't understand why my calls
occasionally get through. I called Virgin Mobile customer services and
they have passed the details to their tech guys and will get back to me.

If she reports this to voip.co.uk will they be able to sort the routing
problem with the other telco's?

UKphoneinfo.com reports 01922 66 as being available since Feb 02 so
surely this problem shouldn't exist?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
BC
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2007
BC wrote:

>
> UKphoneinfo.com reports 01922 66 as being available since Feb 02 so
> surely this problem shouldn't exist?


Sorry, that should be Feb '05.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Paul Cupis
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2007
BC wrote:
> If she reports this to voip.co.uk will they be able to sort the routing
> problem with the other telco's?


She should report it to her provider. It is possible that some operators
have not been advised of the range or otherwise have not built it.
Normally this would mean that calls either work or do not work, whereas
you say that they do sometimes work - this may indicate that the problem
is elsewhere, or that VM use multiple routes to get to voip.co.uk (or
their upstream).
 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian A
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2007
On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 22:13:31 +0100, Paul Cupis <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>BC wrote:
>> If she reports this to voip.co.uk will they be able to sort the routing
>> problem with the other telco's?

>
>She should report it to her provider. It is possible that some operators
>have not been advised of the range or otherwise have not built it.
>Normally this would mean that calls either work or do not work, whereas
>you say that they do sometimes work - this may indicate that the problem
>is elsewhere, or that VM use multiple routes to get to voip.co.uk (or
>their upstream).

I am currently using Virgin Mobile. I can call my voip.co.uk number
with no problem at all. I can receive calls from Orange and '3' and O2
OK but don't know about vodafone. However, the set up is slightly
different to yours. I have the voip.co.uk account registering with
voxalot. Then I register voxalot with my ATA.
Calls to voip numbers, in general, from 18185/1899 take a while to
connect. Generally they are OK but can sometimes be a bit hit and
miss.
Calls to my line from BT are usually OK and so are calls from Telewest
area landlines.

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Sign the petition to get High Definition TV via Freeview.
Get your friends to sign too!
Ofcom want to auction off the spectrum needed for Hi Def.
TV.
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/High-Definition/
---
 
Reply With Quote
 
Linker3000
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2007
BC wrote:
> A work colleague has signed up for an account with voip.co.uk and she
> has been issued with a Walsall number in the format of 01922 66xxxx.
>
> She has set up her account with a Linksys SPA2102 and she can make
> outgoing calls without a problem, incoming calls is another story.
>
> Calls from a BT landline connect without fail. Calls from a Virginmedia
> landline & Vodafone mobile both fail. When I try to call from my Virgin
> Mobile occasionally the call will connect, most times I get "The number
> you have dialled has not been recognised."
>
> I guess this is a routing issue but I don't understand why my calls
> occasionally get through. I called Virgin Mobile customer services and
> they have passed the details to their tech guys and will get back to me.
>
> If she reports this to voip.co.uk will they be able to sort the routing
> problem with the other telco's?
>
> UKphoneinfo.com reports 01922 66 as being available since Feb 02 so
> surely this problem shouldn't exist?



Report it and they will investigate. We had problems with some of our
office numbers (we have 30 offices) after they were reallocated to a
company providing carrier preselect (CPS) for us. It took about 2 weeks
to have things sorted and it was down to the CPS company, but voip.co.uk
got on the case and pestered them until they sorted it.

L3K
 
Reply With Quote
 
BC
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-26-2007
Brian A wrote:

> I am currently using Virgin Mobile. I can call my voip.co.uk number
> with no problem at all. I can receive calls from Orange and '3' and O2
> OK but don't know about vodafone. However, the set up is slightly
> different to yours. I have the voip.co.uk account registering with
> voxalot. Then I register voxalot with my ATA.
> Calls to voip numbers, in general, from 18185/1899 take a while to
> connect. Generally they are OK but can sometimes be a bit hit and
> miss.
> Calls to my line from BT are usually OK and so are calls from Telewest
> area landlines.


Yes I have no problem with my voip.co.uk number which is 0121 270xxxx
but there does appear to be a problem with 01922 66xxxx.

She has sent a secure message to voip.co.uk support so we'll see what
they say.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Adam Lipscombe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-26-2007

I would report to voip.co.uk.
I have has 2 accounts with them for 6 months and their support has been first class.


Adam

BC wrote:
> A work colleague has signed up for an account with voip.co.uk and she
> has been issued with a Walsall number in the format of 01922 66xxxx.
>
> She has set up her account with a Linksys SPA2102 and she can make
> outgoing calls without a problem, incoming calls is another story.
>
> Calls from a BT landline connect without fail. Calls from a Virginmedia
> landline & Vodafone mobile both fail. When I try to call from my Virgin
> Mobile occasionally the call will connect, most times I get "The number
> you have dialled has not been recognised."
>
> I guess this is a routing issue but I don't understand why my calls
> occasionally get through. I called Virgin Mobile customer services and
> they have passed the details to their tech guys and will get back to me.
>
> If she reports this to voip.co.uk will they be able to sort the routing
> problem with the other telco's?
>
> UKphoneinfo.com reports 01922 66 as being available since Feb 02 so
> surely this problem shouldn't exist?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
intervlan routing and policy routing C3750 or C 4948 Sied@r Cisco 3 10-20-2005 08:42 PM
integrating new 3550 with routing into existing routing structure? joeblow Cisco 3 03-14-2005 08:50 AM
exchange routes between global IP routing table and VRF routing table zher Cisco 2 11-04-2004 11:28 PM
Re: Cisco routing issue Martin Gallagher Cisco 0 07-16-2003 02:33 PM
Re: Cisco routing issue Barry Margolin Cisco 0 07-16-2003 02:33 PM



Advertisments