Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Is this impossible via XSL?

Is this impossible via XSL?

kbozek@yahoo.com

Given this XML segment - Note it is a representation of concept of the
data I am using.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>
<car>
<CarInfo vin = "4FL200212345">
<Owner>J. P. Morgan</Owner>
</CarInfo>
</car >

<car>
<CarInfo vin = "3CL200212345">
<Owner>J.P. Thompson</Owner>
</CarInfo>
</car >

<carSpecifics vin = "4FL200212345">
<CarMake xrefId = "XREF12345">
<Color>Red</Color>
<Style>Sedan</Style>
</CarMake>
</carSpecifics>

<carSpecifics vin = "3CL200212345">
<CarMake xrefId = "XREF67890">
<Color>Red</Color>
<Style>Sedan</Style>
</CarMake>
</carSpecifics>

<CarXref xrefId = "XREF12345" >
<Incident>Friday Crash</Incident>
</CarXref>

<CarXref xrefId = "XREF67890" >
<Incident>Sat Crash</Incident>
</CarXref>

</root>

I need to walk all car nodes. With the goal of outputting only the
CarXref\Incident node.
Per each attribute VIN, I need to obtain the carSpecifics
\CarMake@xrefId. From that I need to output the CarXref\Incident node
associated with a xrefId. For example. CarInfo vin = "4FL200212345
matches to carSpecifics vin = "4FL200212345" which has an CarMake
xrefId = "XREF67890" which in turn has CarXref xrefId = "XREF12345"
with contents of CarXref\Incident Friday Crash. I want to output
this.

I know this sounds insane, but the XML file I have been given is in
this structure and I have to transform only parts of its contents.
I am beginning to believe that I have to use a regular XML parser as I
cannot determine how XSL would let me do this. I can get CarMake
xrefId yet I have to output text via the xsl-value of and I cannot get
to the final node.

Joe Kesselman

No, it is not impossible. Rather standard sort of selection task,
actually...

tradesuppliers

On Jun 26, 12:27 pm, Joe Kesselman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> No, it is not impossible. Rather standard sort of selection task,
> actually...

http://www.trade-suppliers.com

Joe Kesselman

Not sure why the spam was posted in response to my comment, but I want
to explicitly disavow any knowledge or support therefor.

impossible to delete file because it is impossible to take ownership Devvie Nuis Computer Support 21 04-20-2009 02:07 AM
Making the simple impossible and the impossible unthinkable... xfx.publishing@gmail.com Perl Misc 5 06-30-2006 11:50 AM
WIN XPsp2 - WIN 98se wireless network file sharing impossible =?Utf-8?B?WW91dmVz?= Wireless Networking 1 01-18-2005 09:40 PM
070-221...impossible to pass MAX MCSE 9 12-18-2003 11:51 PM
Re: VPN (after Tunnel) connection impossible zak Cisco 0 10-10-2003 08:40 AM

Advertisments