Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Displaying user control properties at Design Time

Displaying user control properties at Design Time

=?Utf-8?B?QW1pciBUb2hpZGk=?=

Hi

I have created a user control which has a public property called Tickers.
This property is represented visually as a textbox into which the user can
type a bunch of stock tickers and my user control then fetches the prices for
each ticker and displays them in a GridView.

I am also setting the tickers like this in the source of the page hosting my
user control:

<uc1:WatchList ID="WatchList1" runat="server" Tickers="EWG EWS" />

This way the tickers also appear in the Properties pane of Visual Studio.

How can I get my textbox to show the tickers at <b>Design time</b>? (they
show at run time)

Have you recompiled/built your application since adding the property?

-KF

"Amir Tohidi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I have created a user control which has a public property called Tickers.
> This property is represented visually as a textbox into which the user can
> type a bunch of stock tickers and my user control then fetches the prices
> for
> each ticker and displays them in a GridView.
>
> I am also setting the tickers like this in the source of the page hosting
> my
> user control:
>
> <uc1:WatchList ID="WatchList1" runat="server" Tickers="EWG EWS" />
>
> This way the tickers also appear in the Properties pane of Visual Studio.
>
> How can I get my textbox to show the tickers at <b>Design time</b>? (they
> show at run time)

=?Utf-8?B?QW1pciBUb2hpZGk=?=

Yes.