Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > "FileUpload" and Mobile

"FileUpload" and Mobile

=?Utf-8?B?QWxleCBNYWdoZW4=?=

I see that the "FileUpload" web control is not compatible with the
"MobilePage" model - and I guess I understand why. But many mobile phones
*do* support <input type="file" />. Is there a control that renders this and
does the job? If not, I'm a little lost about how I do this in ASP.NET.

Alex

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Alex,

As I've mentioned in the another thread(Literal control ...), ASP.NET
Mobile's built-in control collection doesn't contains much powerful
controls(like the standard asp.net controls) since it may not target
different kinds of smart devices. However, you can define custom device
template for those certain devices (for example, for the ones that support
HTML ). And you can use standard HTML or ASP.NET server controls in
specific template:

#ASP.NET 2.0 Mobile Controls - Device Specific Rendering
http://blogs.msdn.com/gurbir/archive...ngh-Sethi.aspx

#Device-Specific Content
http://dotnetjunkies.com/MobileQuick...ascbz)/doc/Dev
iceSpecific.aspx

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

=?Utf-8?B?QWxleCBNYWdoZW4=?=

Steven -

Thanks for this. I get it. ALSO: Over the past 2 years or so, I have come to
know ahead of time, based on who answers my questions, whther the answer will
be helpful or not. With you, if I see "Steven Cheng" in the response, I'm
pretty much sure it will be helpful Thanks always.

Alex

"Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> As I've mentioned in the another thread(Literal control ...), ASP.NET
> Mobile's built-in control collection doesn't contains much powerful
> controls(like the standard asp.net controls) since it may not target
> different kinds of smart devices. However, you can define custom device
> template for those certain devices (for example, for the ones that support
> HTML ). And you can use standard HTML or ASP.NET server controls in
> specific template:
>
> #ASP.NET 2.0 Mobile Controls - Device Specific Rendering
> http://blogs.msdn.com/gurbir/archive...ngh-Sethi.aspx
>
> #Device-Specific Content
> http://dotnetjunkies.com/MobileQuick...ascbz)/doc/Dev
> iceSpecific.aspx
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Steven Cheng
>
> Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thank you Alex,

I'm always glad to be helpful and really appreciate your sincere feedback.
Also, as you often posts many posts in the newsgroups and work with some
other engineers, we really appreciate your support to us and welcome to
hear more feedback from you. Not only on technical but also on service.

Thanks again for choosing Microsoft!