Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Using Motorola Q for console access

Using Motorola Q for console access

markg9@yahoo.com

Does anyone use the Q for serial console access to Cisco gear?
I currently use (don't laugh) an old Palm V for this.

I need info on where to get the USB to serial RJ45 adapter and
recommendations on what software is best for term emulation.

Thanks
Mark

Trendkill

On Jun 25, 11:49 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Does anyone use the Q for serial console access to Cisco gear?
> I currently use (don't laugh) an old Palm V for this.
>
> I need info on where to get the USB to serial RJ45 adapter and
> recommendations on what software is best for term emulation.
>
> Thanks
> Mark

SecureCRT for terminal emulation. Best hands down. Cost ya 100
bucks, but worth every penny. For free stuff, Putty has never
disappointed me.

markg9@yahoo.com

On Jun 25, 11:56 am, Trendkill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jun 25, 11:49 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > Does anyone use the Q for serial console access to Cisco gear?
> > I currently use (don't laugh) an old Palm V for this.

> > I need info on where to get the USB to serial RJ45 adapter and
> > recommendations on what software is best for term emulation.

> > Thanks
> > Mark

> SecureCRT for terminal emulation. Best hands down. Cost ya 100
> bucks, but worth every penny. For free stuff, Putty has never
> disappointed me.

Does Putty have a SmartPhone version??? I need this to run on a
Motorola Q phone via USD connection.

Trendkill

On Jun 26, 2:25 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Jun 25, 11:56 am, Trendkill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > On Jun 25, 11:49 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> > > Does anyone use the Q for serial console access to Cisco gear?
> > > I currently use (don't laugh) an old Palm V for this.

> > > I need info on where to get the USB to serial RJ45 adapter and
> > > recommendations on what software is best for term emulation.

> > > Thanks
> > > Mark

> > SecureCRT for terminal emulation. Best hands down. Cost ya 100
> > bucks, but worth every penny. For free stuff, Putty has never
> > disappointed me.

> Does Putty have a SmartPhone version??? I need this to run on a
> Motorola Q phone via USD connection.

Probably not, its a freeware app that has been around for a long
time. I have never seen a compact or PDA device version. Works on
just about any platform, so would be interesting to see......