Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > ntfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

ntfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

=?Utf-8?B?YXV0b3JpY2t5?=

When I start my computer, using XP Prof, I get a blue screen with the above
error message. Windows shuts down and I cant get any further. Once in a while
it works for a short time and freezes up and I have to shut it off. I try
again and nothing happens unless it leave it off for a day or two and I might
be able to get on . I have a program ,McAfee security, I think it is this
program that is causing the problem because the Virus program now is named
"untitled program". When I can get to work for awhile I have tried to delete
McAfee through the control panel but it doesnt delete it.

Please help

=?Utf-8?B?QnJhZCBSdXRrb3dza2k=?=

There should be a dump created under c:\windows or c:\windows\minidump.

Check out my post for how to look at the dumps.

http://blogs.technet.com/brad_rutkow...-the-dump.aspx

--
This post is provided as-is and is my opinion, check the facts before doing
anything in production.