Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python-based event calendar?

Python-based event calendar?

Michael Hannon

Greetings. One of the research groups here has been using a PHP
application on one of their own computers to publish their list of
seminars:

http://www.k5n.us/webcalendar.php

They're now asking us to support this on our department web server (the
guy that set it up is leaving the group).

I've looked at the product, and it seems to work well enough, but I'd
prefer to have something equivalent that was based on Python.

I have the impression that there is something similar available for
Zope/Plone, but that seems too big a hammer for this particular problem.
Is there some other Python-based event calendar that doesn't require
such a heavy-weight framework?

Thanks.

- Mike
--