Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Planes, Trains and Infrared Photography

Planes, Trains and Infrared Photography

Wayne J. Cosshall

Hi All,

I've uploaded a new article with images I shot with my camera converted
on infrared photography to:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1035

Cheers,

Wayne

--
Wayne J. Cosshall
Publisher, Experimental Digital Photography

Jonathan

Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've uploaded a new article with images I shot with my camera
> converted on infrared photography to:
> http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1035
>
> Cheers,
>
> Wayne

Those are great. I enjoyed your work. Thanks for posting.

Regards.

Jon.

ghldnjsrkdlq@gmail.com

On 6 25 , 8 08 , "Wayne J. Cosshall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've uploaded a new article with images I shot with my camera converted
> on infrared photography to:http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1035
>
> Cheers,
>
> Wayne
>
> --
> Wayne J. Cosshall
> Publisher, The Digital ImageMaker,http://www.dimagemaker.com/
> Blog http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/
> Publisher, Experimental Digital Photographyhttp://www.experimentaldigitalphotography.com
> Personal art sitehttp://www.cosshall.com/

Very nice pictures!

"Wayne J. Cosshall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:467ef98b$0$20216$(E-Mail Removed) u...
| Hi All,
|
| I've uploaded a new article with images I shot with my camera converted
| on infrared photography to:
| http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1035

just a thought..

The shooting I've done with Kodak and Konica IR cut through haze like a
knife. There were shots I made in the canadian Rockies where I could barely
see the next mountain, yet after deving the film I could see to the horizon.

I notice your IR converted camera tends to show the haze rather than cutting
through it - have you done any tests to see what the relative sensitivity of
the snesor is at various wavelengths?

karl

Wayne J. Cosshall

Hi Karl,

No I haven't but it's been on my list of things to do for awhile. It may
not be so obvious from these shots but I have found my converted 350D
does cut through the haze, at least a lot.

k wrote:
> "Wayne J. Cosshall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:467ef98b$0$20216$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> | Hi All,
> |
> | I've uploaded a new article with images I shot with my camera converted
> | on infrared photography to:
> | http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1035
>

> just a thought..
>
> The shooting I've done with Kodak and Konica IR cut through haze like a
> knife. There were shots I made in the canadian Rockies where I could barely
> see the next mountain, yet after deving the film I could see to the horizon.
>
> I notice your IR converted camera tends to show the haze rather than cutting
> through it - have you done any tests to see what the relative sensitivity of
> the snesor is at various wavelengths?
>
> karl

RichA

On Jun 24, 7:08 pm, "Wayne J. Cosshall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've uploaded a new article with images I shot with my camera converted
> on infrared photography to:http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1035
>
> Cheers,
>
> Wayne
>
> --
> Wayne J. Cosshall
> Publisher, The Digital ImageMaker,http://www.dimagemaker.com/
> Blog http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/
> Publisher, Experimental Digital Photographyhttp://www.experimentaldigitalphotography.com
> Personal art sitehttp://www.cosshall.com/

What is more sensitive to IR, a converted CMOS camera or a CCD-based
camera? I had heard that the Nikon D40 was the most IR-sensitive
unmodified (aside from Leica's "mistake" with the M DSLR.

In article <467f91c8$0$12845$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
01.iinet.net.au>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...

> I notice your IR converted camera tends to show the haze rather than cutting
> through it - have you done any tests to see what the relative sensitivity of
> the snesor is at various wavelengths?

I've tried various filtration with my Fuji IS-1, from 720nm to 950nm.
Haze penetration is definitely better with deeper filtration, but quite
good even at 720nm.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jputnam/518759534/ is one example, a view
of Mt Rainier from 40+ miles away.

--