Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > need free database for my product

need free database for my product

Mr. X.

Hello.

I need free database for a simple product (freeware)

I think MySql is fine, but I don't know if it is good for Hebrew,
and if it is freeware.

Any suggestion,
and where can I find some, please.

Thanks

Danno

On Jun 24, 3:31 pm, "Mr. X." <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I need free database for a simple product (freeware)
>
> I think MySql is fine, but I don't know if it is good for Hebrew,
> and if it is freeware.
>
> Any suggestion,
> and where can I find some, please.
>
> Thanks

You just need to create your mySQL tables with UTF-8 encoding.
http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?103,6544,7446#msg-7446

I am sure other databases will require the same.

JT

Mr. X. wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I need free database for a simple product (freeware)
>
> I think MySql is fine, but I don't know if it is good for Hebrew,
> and if it is freeware.
>
> Any suggestion,
> and where can I find some, please.
>
> Thanks

Oracle-XE (Universal) looks good.

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thre...sageID=1144174

http://www.oracle.com/technology/sof...xewinsoft.html

http://www.oracle.com/technology/sof.../xe/index.html

Christian

Mr. X. schrieb:
> Hello.
>
> I need free database for a simple product (freeware)
>
> I think MySql is fine, but I don't know if it is good for Hebrew,
> and if it is freeware.
>
> Any suggestion,
> and where can I find some, please.
>
> Thanks

You could also take a look at HSQLDB ...
its free and its implemented in java .. so its easily deployable with
your program..

http://www.hsqldb.org/

Lew

Mr. X. wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I need

not to multi-post (send the same message /independently/ to multiple
newgroups) because it fragments the thread and makes the responses harder to
follow.

--
Lew

Roedy Green

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 00:31:47 +0300, "Mr. X."
<no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sqlvendors.html for your options.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Mr. X. wrote:
> I need free database for a simple product (freeware)
>
> I think MySql is fine, but I don't know if it is good for Hebrew,
> and if it is freeware.
>
> Any suggestion,
> and where can I find some, please.

MySQL support UTF-8 and therefore also Hebrew,

MySQL and the MySQL JDBC driver is dual licensed with
GPL licenses and commercial licens. It is free of charge
via GPL licens, but whether you can use GPL is something
you should investigate.

An alternative would be HSQLDB http://hsqldb.org/ which
is also free of charge and whose license is less
demanding.

Arne

marcus.vinicius.lima

On 24 jun, 18:31, "Mr. X." <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I need free database for a simple product (freeware)
>
> I think MySql is fine, but I don't know if it is good for Hebrew,
> and if it is freeware.
>
> Any suggestion,
> and where can I find some, please.
>
> Thanks

Hello

I'm sure the MySql Community is the best option.
MySql is free, is robst and largely explained through the network. You
will always find the inforamtion you need.

Thanks