Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox and ebay prob....

Reply
Thread Tools

Firefox and ebay prob....

 
 
Alan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-24-2007
Hi People....

After days of trawling its no good, I'll have to ask.

using eBay I wanted to "search by bidder"

I ended up in a loop where I kept getting asked for my password.
I put it in only to be asked for my password again and again.

Now everything else works fine . i.e. it remembers my password all day etc.

Its just the one place.

Tried Internet explorer and that was ok , I was able to search.

Any ideas please folks.
Alan.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Peter.Potamus.the.Purple.Hippo@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-24-2007
On Jun 24, 1:26 pm, "Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi People....
>
> After days of trawling its no good, I'll have to ask.
>
> using eBay I wanted to "search by bidder"
>
> I ended up in a loop where I kept getting asked for my password.
> I put it in only to be asked for my password again and again.
>
> Now everything else works fine . i.e. it remembers my password all day etc.
>
> Its just the one place.
>
> Tried Internet explorer and that was ok , I was able to search.
>
> Any ideas please folks.
> Alan.



go into tools, options, privacy, passwords, and click on the View
Saved Passwords button. Look for the ebay entry and remove it. Now
try again. Does it work now?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Alan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-24-2007

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On Jun 24, 1:26 pm, "Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:


>
> go into tools, options, privacy, passwords, and click on the View
> Saved Passwords button. Look for the ebay entry and remove it. Now
> try again. Does it work now?
>


No joy.... no passwords in there now. and still no go.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Peter.Potamus.the.Purple.Hippo@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-24-2007
On Jun 24, 2:11 pm, "Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>
> > On Jun 24, 1:26 pm, "Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
> > go into tools, options, privacy, passwords, and click on the View
> > Saved Passwords button. Look for the ebay entry and remove it. Now
> > try again. Does it work now?

>
> No joy.... no passwords in there now. and still no go.



then try emptying the cache and deleting the cookies. You find it in
the same area as the password. Once done, close FF and restart it.
Did that work?

 
Reply With Quote
 
Alan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-24-2007

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> On Jun 24, 2:11 pm, "Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>
>> > On Jun 24, 1:26 pm, "Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>
>> > go into tools, options, privacy, passwords, and click on the View
>> > Saved Passwords button. Look for the ebay entry and remove it. Now
>> > try again. Does it work now?

>>
>> No joy.... no passwords in there now. and still no go.

>
>
> then try emptying the cache and deleting the cookies. You find it in
> the same area as the password. Once done, close FF and restart it.
> Did that work?
>


Nope have already tried that before...., also all details cleared when I
close FF each time etc.

Its really weird...


 
Reply With Quote
 
Rob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2007
On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 21:42:10 GMT, "Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> On Jun 24, 2:11 pm, "Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>>
>>> > On Jun 24, 1:26 pm, "Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>> > go into tools, options, privacy, passwords, and click on the View
>>> > Saved Passwords button. Look for the ebay entry and remove it. Now
>>> > try again. Does it work now?
>>>
>>> No joy.... no passwords in there now. and still no go.

>>
>>
>> then try emptying the cache and deleting the cookies. You find it in
>> the same area as the password. Once done, close FF and restart it.
>> Did that work?
>>

>
>Nope have already tried that before...., also all details cleared when I
>close FF each time etc.
>
>Its really weird...
>


When I've had similar problems with ebay, it's always been a blocked
cookie. I presently have 29 (!) ebay cookie urls enabled in order to
navigate ebay. Try checking the cookies | exceptions list for a blocked
url. Good luck.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Alan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-26-2007

"Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 21:42:10 GMT, "Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:


> When I've had similar problems with ebay, it's always been a blocked
> cookie. I presently have 29 (!) ebay cookie urls enabled in order to
> navigate ebay. Try checking the cookies | exceptions list for a blocked
> url. Good luck.



Waheeeeyyy

Good on ya Rob....

It was a cgi eBay 6 (or similar) sneaky little bugger it was.

Now sorted.

Thanks for the help folks,

Alan


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay Bigbazza Computer Support 0 10-16-2007 09:05 AM
ebay ebay ebay Bigbazza Computer Support 0 10-16-2007 09:04 AM
Firefox and ebay Jive Dadson Firefox 21 08-07-2006 02:00 AM
My Net::eBay PERL module now recommended by eBay itself Ignoramus12789 Perl Misc 3 09-09-2005 02:05 PM
BOYCOTT EBAY - 18th to ???? (The eBay Scam) beckem@hotpop.com DVD Video 21 02-12-2005 03:59 AM



Advertisments