Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MCSE 4.0 to MCSE 2000

MCSE 4.0 to MCSE 2000

Don

Can someone confirm that I only need to take the 4 core
exams + the client exam to upgrade to MCSE 2000. I mean,
does the MCSE NT4 certification satisfy the elective
requirements?

Thanks,

Don

catwalker63

"Don" <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaslessly in
news:037201c515a8$52c10e40$(E-Mail Removed):

www.microsoft.com/learning

--
Catwalker
aka Pu$$y Feet

"Eat your cereal with a fork and do your homework in the dark."

Syncme

"Don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:037201c515a8$52c10e40$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can someone confirm that I only need to take the 4 core
> exams + the client exam to upgrade to MCSE 2000. I mean,
> does the MCSE NT4 certification satisfy the elective
> requirements?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Don

You can find the requirements here:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...ows2003/nt.asp

AFAIK it used to list w2k (210) as a client option but no longer.
It still mentions it in the text but not in the list (perhaps this is
changing)

Neil

did you hear "Don" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:037201c515a8$52c10e40$(E-Mail Removed):

> Can someone confirm that I only need to take the 4 core
> exams + the client exam to upgrade to MCSE 2000. I mean,
> does the MCSE NT4 certification satisfy the elective
> requirements?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Don

from http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp

Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) candidates on the Microsoft
Windows® 2000 track are required to pass seven exams or the equivalent
that include the following:

Core Exams (5 Exams Required)
Four operating system exams. Candidates must pass one exam from each set
of operating system exams—client operating system and networking
system—in the table that follows.
One design exam. Candidates must pass one exam that provides proof of
expertise for design skills for specific Microsoft server technologies

The elective exams provide a valid and reliable measure of technical
proficiency and expertise in solution design and implementation. MCSE
candidates should also have at least one year of experience implementing
and administering a network operating system, implementing and
administering a client operating system, and designing a network
infrastructure. Individuals who earned the MCSE certification on Windows
NT® 4.0 by February 28, 2001 remain certified. To learn more about
changes in the certification policy, see the Microsoft Enhances Its
Certification Program page.

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- Anything preying on your mind would starve to death.

Rowdy Yates

"Don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:037201c515a8
$52c10e40$(E-Mail Removed):

> Can someone confirm that I only need to take the 4 core
> exams + the client exam to upgrade to MCSE 2000. I mean,
> does the MCSE NT4 certification satisfy the elective
> requirements?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Don

if you are an MCSE on NT, shouldn't you know by now where to get that
information?

--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://www.mcngp.com/

I know where to find it, but I don't think the explanation
is very clear. The W2K3 requirements clearly state that
the elective requirements are satisfied by the MSCE
certification on NT4.

I know almost for sure that it does, but just wanted to
souble check.

>$52c10e40$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Can someone confirm that I only need to take the 4 core
>> exams + the client exam to upgrade to MCSE 2000. I

mean,
>> does the MCSE NT4 certification satisfy the elective
>> requirements?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Don

>if you are an MCSE on NT, shouldn't you know by now where

to get that
>information?
>
>--
>Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
>http://www.mcngp.com/
>"Shhhh... Do you smell that? I think is't Albanian Goat

Smegma!"
>http://www.geocities.com/rowdy_yates_mcngp/
>http://www.geocities.com/rowdy_yates_mcngp/google.gif
>.

Jim Nugent

"Rowdy Yates" <rowdy_yates_mcngpATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message
news:Xns960185EF78116rowdyyates2124@207.46.248.16. ..
> "Don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:037201c515a8
> $52c10e40$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Can someone confirm that I only need to take the 4 core
> > exams + the client exam to upgrade to MCSE 2000. I mean,
> > does the MCSE NT4 certification satisfy the elective
> > requirements?

> if you are an MCSE on NT, shouldn't you know by now where to get that
> information?

I was looking at that Web site earlier this morning. My guess is that the OP
found it to be confusing and asked for confirmation.

My understanding is that 210 can count as the "client" exam for 2003, and an
MCSE in NT 4 will count as the elective.
--
Jim
"Be right back... Godot"

The Rev \(MCT\)

Yes 210 or 270 work for the "Client" exam however the NT4 MCSE will not
count as an elective for the MCSE on Server 2003.

--
"The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

justafreak.com
..