Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > BenQ DC DW1670 and Windows XP

BenQ DC DW1670 and Windows XP

Hi,

I've bought an OEM Benq (Liteon) DC DW1670 for use in a Windows XP
(SP2) system but the PC doesn't permit writing to the device. None of
my DVD burning software recognises the device as a recordable drive.
Device Manager shows it as a ATAPI DVD DC 16x8x5 drive. I can play
DVD's with it.

Are there any drivers out there I need to be installing to get this to
work properly?

Cheers,

<M>

babaloo

Two options:
In control panel/device manager delete the device and reboot.
See if the device will work in another computer.
If both of these fail, and you are using the device properly, it is
defective.

Neil Green

"<M>" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I've bought an OEM Benq (Liteon) DC DW1670 for use
> in a Windows XP
> (SP2) system but the PC doesn't permit writing to
> the device. None of
> my DVD burning software recognises the device as a
> recordable drive.
> Device Manager shows it as a ATAPI DVD DC 16x8x5
> drive. I can play
> DVD's with it.
>
> Are there any drivers out there I need to be
> installing to get this to
> work properly?
>
> Cheers,
>
> <M>

It's more than likely a limitation with your burning
software.
If XP recognises the drive, which it does, and you can
play DVDs then it is cabled and jumpered correctly.
Try writing some files to a CD using XP's native CD
writing feature.
If that works then the problem is definately with your
other software.
Update your burning software or install a trial
version of the latest Nero and try a DVD again.

Hi,

Thanks for the input. What it turned out to be was that although my
day-to-day account is a power user, it didn't have permissions to
write to the drive. When I logged on as the admin account it all
worked fine. All I need to do know is assign the appropriate
permissions to my user account!

Cheers,

<M>

Benq DVD recorder and Windows XP DVD Video 2 06-24-2007 12:14 PM
Installing BENQ DVD-R Software error core Computer Support 1 05-10-2005 04:47 PM
BENQ DW1620 ! xiaoke Computer Support 1 01-31-2005 10:18 PM
DVd Burner BenQ william.dollimore Computer Support 0 12-24-2004 01:56 PM
Sample Photos from BenQ DC1300 and 300K Mini Digital Keychain Camera Robert J Batina Digital Photography 0 04-04-2004 05:20 PM

Advertisments