Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > .NET Developer Certification - Newbie Question

.NET Developer Certification - Newbie Question

Gagan

Guys, I want to go for "Web Development" using .NET Technologies. I
went to the Microsoft Website, The picture about the Certification
paths' is unclear. I tried to read all the matter but

There are 4 possibilities as per what I understood.

- MCTS
- MCAD
- MCPD
- MCSD

What I didn't understand is - The Start point and the END Point.
What's the start / BASE of the .NET Cert. and the apex of .NET Cert. I
mean what's the starting point .. MCTS or MCAD ? If someone could just
give me a brief idea, like where to begin and where to end ? MCTS ? or
MCAD ?

http://img.microsoft.com/learning/im.../MSCtitles.gif

There's also a confusion between .NET 1.0/1.1 and VS.NET 2005
Technologies. The website says MCAD is for 1.0/1.1 and somewhere it
says it's updated... It's all messed up there. I would love to hear
any kind of suggestion from the guys, please suggest me accordingly -
this will be probably my 1st Cert. course. Please advice me.

Thank you

Thor

..NET 1.x: MCAD -> MCSD
..NET 2+: MCTS -> MCPD

MCTS implies mastering a technology, MCPD implies that you can do the job, I
think.
53

"Gagan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Guys, I want to go for "Web Development" using .NET Technologies. I
> went to the Microsoft Website, The picture about the Certification
> paths' is unclear. I tried to read all the matter but
>
> There are 4 possibilities as per what I understood.
>
> - MCTS
> - MCAD
> - MCPD
> - MCSD
>
> What I didn't understand is - The Start point and the END Point.
> What's the start / BASE of the .NET Cert. and the apex of .NET Cert. I
> mean what's the starting point .. MCTS or MCAD ? If someone could just
> give me a brief idea, like where to begin and where to end ? MCTS ? or
> MCAD ?
>
> http://img.microsoft.com/learning/im.../MSCtitles.gif
>
> There's also a confusion between .NET 1.0/1.1 and VS.NET 2005
> Technologies. The website says MCAD is for 1.0/1.1 and somewhere it
> says it's updated... It's all messed up there. I would love to hear
> any kind of suggestion from the guys, please suggest me accordingly -
> this will be probably my 1st Cert. course. Please advice me.
>
> Thank you

Gagan

Thanks thor