Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > cant d/l install sp2

Reply
Thread Tools

cant d/l install sp2

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?bW9qbw==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-22-2007
hi i was wondering if any one can help me..
i have just installed win xp pro x64 edition (gen copy etc etc) auto
updates is turned on but when it comes to d/l sp2 the box opens says d/l but
it just sits their ( nearly 1 hour) nothing happens ....( i have been able
to d/l and install other updates no problem )
so this has me puzzled
thnx for taking yer time in reading this hope you good
folks can shed some light on this
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Theo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-22-2007
What type of connection do you have? The SP2 package is a
little over 350MB and would take about 45-50 minutes on a
cable or DSL 1.5k connection.

Regardless of your connection speed, I would think it best
to download the SP2 file directly to your computer, not via
Update, and then run it from your computer. Running it as
an update requires your connection to be stable and is much
more prone to errors and problems.


mojo wrote:
> hi i was wondering if any one can help me..
> i have just installed win xp pro x64 edition (gen copy etc etc) auto
> updates is turned on but when it comes to d/l sp2 the box opens says d/l but
> it just sits their ( nearly 1 hour) nothing happens ....( i have been able
> to d/l and install other updates no problem )
> so this has me puzzled
> thnx for taking yer time in reading this hope you good
> folks can shed some light on this

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?bW9qbw==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-22-2007
speed is 8meg line m8
erm do u have a link so i can d/l straight 2 pc save going to update site

"mojo" wrote:

> hi i was wondering if any one can help me..
> i have just installed win xp pro x64 edition (gen copy etc etc) auto
> updates is turned on but when it comes to d/l sp2 the box opens says d/l but
> it just sits their ( nearly 1 hour) nothing happens ....( i have been able
> to d/l and install other updates no problem )
> so this has me puzzled
> thnx for taking yer time in reading this hope you good
> folks can shed some light on this

 
Reply With Quote
 
Theo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-22-2007
I don't have it handy. I would have to go to
www.microsoft.com and search the "Download Center." It
shouldn't be too difficult to find.


mojo wrote:
> speed is 8meg line m8
> erm do u have a link so i can d/l straight 2 pc save going to update site
>
> "mojo" wrote:
>
>> hi i was wondering if any one can help me..
>> i have just installed win xp pro x64 edition (gen copy etc etc) auto
>> updates is turned on but when it comes to d/l sp2 the box opens says d/l but
>> it just sits their ( nearly 1 hour) nothing happens ....( i have been able
>> to d/l and install other updates no problem )
>> so this has me puzzled
>> thnx for taking yer time in reading this hope you good
>> folks can shed some light on this

 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?S3Jpc3RpYW4gVG9sbGVmc2Vu?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-22-2007
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

"Theo" wrote:

> I don't have it handy. I would have to go to
> www.microsoft.com and search the "Download Center." It
> shouldn't be too difficult to find.
>
>
> mojo wrote:
> > speed is 8meg line m8
> > erm do u have a link so i can d/l straight 2 pc save going to update site
> >
> > "mojo" wrote:
> >
> >> hi i was wondering if any one can help me..
> >> i have just installed win xp pro x64 edition (gen copy etc etc) auto
> >> updates is turned on but when it comes to d/l sp2 the box opens says d/l but
> >> it just sits their ( nearly 1 hour) nothing happens ....( i have been able
> >> to d/l and install other updates no problem )
> >> so this has me puzzled
> >> thnx for taking yer time in reading this hope you good
> >> folks can shed some light on this

>

 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?bW9qbw==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-22-2007
why thank you very much works a treat

"Kristian Tollefsen" wrote:

> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
>
> "Theo" wrote:
>
> > I don't have it handy. I would have to go to
> > www.microsoft.com and search the "Download Center." It
> > shouldn't be too difficult to find.
> >
> >
> > mojo wrote:
> > > speed is 8meg line m8
> > > erm do u have a link so i can d/l straight 2 pc save going to update site
> > >
> > > "mojo" wrote:
> > >
> > >> hi i was wondering if any one can help me..
> > >> i have just installed win xp pro x64 edition (gen copy etc etc) auto
> > >> updates is turned on but when it comes to d/l sp2 the box opens says d/l but
> > >> it just sits their ( nearly 1 hour) nothing happens ....( i have been able
> > >> to d/l and install other updates no problem )
> > >> so this has me puzzled
> > >> thnx for taking yer time in reading this hope you good
> > >> folks can shed some light on this

> >

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cant compile on linux system.cant compile on cant compile onlinux system. Nagaraj C++ 1 03-01-2007 11:18 AM
cant see WPA on XP (with SP2) =?Utf-8?B?U3Vrcml0?= Wireless Networking 2 08-12-2006 11:49 PM
Cant share files/printer via Win2K (host) and XP Pro SP2 =?Utf-8?B?ZGR3ZWJi?= Wireless Networking 2 03-30-2006 03:56 PM
man i cant belive i cant get help please unclejesse01 DVD Video 2 04-14-2005 03:15 PM
after installing SP2 cant read ftp contents Joeseph Computer Support 5 10-02-2004 11:13 PM



Advertisments