Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > code 10 this device cannot start

code 10 this device cannot start

=?Utf-8?B?c3VscGhpcmU=?=

what am i supposed to do? i have no clue.

Malke

sulphire wrote:

> what am i supposed to do? i have no clue.

Neither do we because you didn't tell us what device has the problem or
when you get the error message.

Go here to get help in making a good post:

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Then do come back and repost with all necessary details. There are lots
of people reading this newsgroup who want to help you (like me), but
you have to give us something with which to work.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

=?Utf-8?B?c3VscGhpcmU=?=

i feel like a complete idiot. forgive me, as ive been extremely busy and
rushed lately(currently deployed in iraq) ok, my mini-pci card 1400 dual band
dell true mobile network adapter is the device. the drivers are all ok(or so
windows diagnostics say). it says it under device manager under that specific
devices properties. thats all it says "this device cannot start (code 10)" my
machine is a dell inspiron [xps]
with two other network adapters, a 1394 and a broadcom 570x gigabit
integrated controller. the latter stated adapters are working fine

"Malke" wrote:

> sulphire wrote:
>
> > what am i supposed to do? i have no clue.

> Neither do we because you didn't tell us what device has the problem or
> when you get the error message.
>
> Go here to get help in making a good post:
>
> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> Then do come back and repost with all necessary details. There are lots
> of people reading this newsgroup who want to help you (like me), but
> you have to give us something with which to work.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"

=?Utf-8?B?c3VscGhpcmU=?=

fyi, wireless adapter is also by broadcom

location: pci bus 2 device 3, function 0

driver: bcmwl5.sys version 3.20.23.0

TW

Go to broadcom.com and download the latest drivers.
I have seen this problem after applying SP2 and it turned out to be the
driver.

"NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Contact the nearest chapter of the Psychic Friends Network.
>
> You give no information and expect someone to help you?
>
> Bobby
>

> "sulphire" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> what am i supposed to do? i have no clue.

=?Utf-8?B?c3VscGhpcmU=?=

broadcom.com states that they only provide drivers support for 57xx and bcm

=?Utf-8?B?c3VscGhpcmU=?=

a diagnostic program from broadcom also states that the driver is not loaded.

driver name/version: bcmwl5.sys / v0.0 (06/13/2003)