Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Professional Lab that provides ICC profiles?

Professional Lab that provides ICC profiles?

louise

I'm looking for a professional lab to print 16x20 photos
that I have adjusted in CS3.

I don't want a technician who decides what I want the photo
to look like. I am looking for a lab that provides good ICC
profiles so that I can adjust my image before sending it.

Recommendation?

BTW, I have tried Adorama and discovered that I could not
produce vibrancy with their profiles; I then discovered the
profiles are at least two years old which may have something
to do with it.

Suggestions appreciated.

Louise

simon

try

http://www.proamimaging.com/

regards Simon.

Ray Paseur

> I'm looking for a professional lab to print 16x20 photos
> that I have adjusted in CS3.

In Washington, DC, you might want to contact National Geographic labs.
They take walk-in business and have counter staff that understand
photography. Another local resource is Chrome Labs in Georgetown.

You might want to contact a high-end photo school like the Brooks
Institute. Or Google search for "competition prints" - anybody that
understands competition printing is very likely to be able to help you.

CMS

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
louise <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm looking for a professional lab to print 16x20 photos
> that I have adjusted in CS3.
>
> I don't want a technician who decides what I want the photo
> to look like. I am looking for a lab that provides good ICC
> profiles so that I can adjust my image before sending it.
>
> Recommendation?
>
> BTW, I have tried Adorama and discovered that I could not
> produce vibrancy with their profiles; I then discovered the
> profiles are at least two years old which may have something
> to do with it.
>
> Suggestions appreciated.
>
> Louise

Louise,

There is also the possibility to create the ICC profile yourself with
the new software called PerfX Prints which uses a scanner to create ICC
profile. More information at www.perfxprints.com

Louis.