Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > TREE FOREST

TREE FOREST

*FESWANY

I HAVE 2 SITES CONNECTED WITH SLOW LINK
ONE OF THEM IS HEAD OFFICE ANOTHER ONE IS THE BRANCH

WHAT IS THE BEST SOLUTION FOR THE BRANCH ONE
TO MAKE IT CHILD OF THE HEAD OFFICE IN THE SAME TREE
OR
A NEW TREE IN THE SAME FOREST

AND WHY?

Neil

did you hear "*FESWANY" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in news:#7REnA$CFHA.936
@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

> I HAVE 2 SITES CONNECTED WITH SLOW LINK
> ONE OF THEM IS HEAD OFFICE ANOTHER ONE IS THE BRANCH
>
> WHAT IS THE BEST SOLUTION FOR THE BRANCH ONE
> TO MAKE IT CHILD OF THE HEAD OFFICE IN THE SAME TREE
> OR
> A NEW TREE IN THE SAME FOREST
>
> AND WHY?

quit using all upper case. it hurts my eyes. and go read about sites
(slow links are not a deciding factor for segregating domains)

--
Neil MCNGP #30

- In case of emergency, break glass. Scream. Bleed to death.

Some Dude

Why can't it just be an OU in the same domain. You can still control
site replication intervals.

If you can't have it as part of the same domain, then either a child
or separate tree would work fine. In fact you would actually have a
little less replication as the domain partition would be smaller for
that domain. But, if they have to reach objects in the other domain
you will need access to a global catalog server, either by putting a
local GC in the branch and then dealing with that replication or if
you are using 2003 you could turn on Universal group caching.

Shawn