Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Which C++ ide has the most features?

Which C++ ide has the most features?

Michael Reichenbach

I am not asking for the best ide because I know there can no best one.
Some prefer it lightweight, some a simple text editor... But I prefer as
much helpful features as possible.

Before I changed to C++ i did write in other languages like C# and used
microsoft visual studio 2005.

Vs05 for C++ projects lacks a lot features compared to C# projects with
vs05.

I miss the instant syntax check (code check on the fly).

Is there an ide with more features then visual studio for C++?
Comparable with visual studio for C#?

Victor Bazarov

Michael Reichenbach wrote:
> I am not asking for the best ide because I know there can no best one.
> Some prefer it lightweight, some a simple text editor... But I prefer
> as much helpful features as possible.
>
> Before I changed to C++ i did write in other languages like C# and
> used microsoft visual studio 2005.
>
> Vs05 for C++ projects lacks a lot features compared to C# projects
> with vs05.
>
> I miss the instant syntax check (code check on the fly).
>
> Is there an ide with more features then visual studio for C++?
> Comparable with visual studio for C#?

It's rarely useful to ask about IDEs here. We don't evaluate them, we
don't dispence advice about them beyond "use one if it's available".
Ask in the newsgroup dedicated to your OS. Most of IDEs are quite OS-
specific (e.g. I doubt Visual Studio would run on AIX), and are, in
fact, products, and we don't really discuss products not directly
related to the language itself (we do discuss compilers from time to
time WRT their standard compliance, but that's about it).

EventHelix.com

On Jun 21, 7:36 pm, Michael Reichenbach <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> I am not asking for the best ide because I know there can no best one.
> Some prefer it lightweight, some a simple text editor... But I prefer as
> much helpful features as possible.
>
> Before I changed to C++ i did write in other languages like C# and used
> microsoft visual studio 2005.
>
> Vs05 for C++ projects lacks a lot features compared to C# projects with
> vs05.
>
> I miss the instant syntax check (code check on the fly).
>
> Is there an ide with more features then visual studio for C++?
> Comparable with visual studio for C#?

Visual Studio 2005 for C++ is probably your best bet. You can also try
Eclipse with C++ support.

--
EventStudio 4.0 - http://www.EventHelix.com/EventStudio
Sequence Diagram based System Modeling Tool

Scoots

VS with C# is excellent. Best IDE for any language I've ever used. C+
+, well, not as much, I agree. I've heard Eclipse is getting pretty
good, but that's hearsay.

Me? I've been coding in C++ on UNIX-based IDE's, and I assume you're
looking for Windows.

Zachary Turner

On Jun 22, 11:38 am, Scoots <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> VS with C# is excellent. Best IDE for any language I've ever used. C+
> +, well, not as much, I agree. I've heard Eclipse is getting pretty
> good, but that's hearsay.
>
> Me? I've been coding in C++ on UNIX-based IDE's, and I assume you're
> looking for Windows.

Eclipse with CDT is a pain in my opinion. It has all the makings of
great features, but poor execution. When doing Linux development, I
find it easier and more straightforward to just use GDB, even though I
only know about 5 commands in GDB.