Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > ACL

=?Utf-8?B?UGF0dGk=?=

Hi,
i have a big problem i am running windows 2003 domain. i am finding that
certain user objects inheritance is not staying on the object which is
causing some big problems and not all it only a hand few may. i check off all
heritance and maybe an hour later the inheritance button is unchecked its
making me nuts. I really need to resolve this.
can someone please please help!

thanks
patti

CBIC

"Patti" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,

> thanks
> patti

R U Hawt?

FrisbeeŽ

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Patti" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,

>> thanks
>> patti

> R U Hawt?

Man, I'm getting slow.

catwalker63

=?Utf-8?B?UGF0dGk=?= <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled
ceaselessly in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi,
> i have a big problem i am running windows 2003 domain. i am finding
> that certain user objects inheritance is not staying on the object
> which is causing some big problems and not all it only a hand few may.
> i check off all heritance and maybe an hour later the inheritance
> button is unchecked its making me nuts. I really need to resolve this.
> can someone please please help!
>
> thanks
> patti

Have you tried setting up auditing on these objects?

--
Catwalker
MCNGP #43

2feral

My suggestion which is brutal, but effective and very handy if you are
changing permissions on a wholesale level ie converting to group
security from an old system of users etc

Firstly, logon as administrator, and take ownership of the top level
folder from what you are processing, when you do this and before you
do this make sure the tick box for replace owner on subcontainers and
folders.

Then go to advanced and assign the groups under permission you wnat
access, again tick the change permissions entires on sub files and
folders and tick inherit, you are the owner so this will work on every
folder.

After that you can then do each folder below this to appropriate
permissions.

This is effective as it resets everuthing and removes an explicit
permissions from sub folders and files.

Just a method i have used to turn back the clock on a messy ACL setup.

AUDITING is also a very good idea and i would even go as far as
changing admin password if you have firther issues.

PIX - Can extended ACL's be used as crypto ACL's on a PIX Shad T Cisco 0 06-29-2004 06:27 PM
Outbound ACL's and Windows Update DRice Cisco 0 10-30-2003 06:30 PM
pix tunnel related acl Bill F Cisco 2 10-24-2003 07:07 AM
Complex configuration using Bridge IRB, NAT, VPN, ACL on cisco router(long) Alexandre Cisco 0 10-17-2003 11:03 AM

Advertisments