Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Sony Blu-Ray "Prestige" disc showing signs of rot

Sony Blu-Ray "Prestige" disc showing signs of rot

TB

Some people seem to have blu-ray dvds, specifically the movie "The Prestige"
that have devoped "rot" not unlike what laserdiscs, a few dvds and cds have
all been know to have, usually due to contamination in the laimination
process.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7&page=1&pp=30

Anyone here have this problem?

T.B.

Derek Janssen

TB wrote:

> Some people seem to have blu-ray dvds, specifically the movie "The Prestige"
> that have devoped "rot" not unlike what laserdiscs, a few dvds and cds have
> all been know to have, usually due to contamination in the laimination
> process.
>
> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7&page=1&pp=30
>
> Anyone here have this problem?

Some do, apparently, as of BVHV's press statement (via thedigitalbits.com)
---
"We encourage customers that are experiencing any kind of problem with
The Prestige Blu-ray disc to call our Consumer Relations hotline at
800/477-2811. It is important to conduct forensic examinations of the
affected discs in order to rule out any form of external tampering. Our
customers are first and foremost and Buena Vista Home Entertainment
always strives to meet the highest standards for the consumer."
---

(You'll notice it doesn't mention a disk exchange yet, and a phone line
chiefly to persuade you why something must have happened to the disk on
your end and it's not the company's fault--
But, they're still trying to get an initial idea of how many disks it
might be happening to.)

Derek Janssen

elrous0@pop.uky.edu

On Jun 21, 2:58 am, "TB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Some people seem to have blu-ray dvds, specifically the movie "The Prestige"
> that have devoped "rot" not unlike what laserdiscs, a few dvds and cds have
> all been know to have, usually due to contamination in the laimination
> process.

It's not rotting...it's disappearing. Want to find it? Look in your
left waistcoat pocket, sir,

And that's the PRESTIGE!!

[article] Does Visual Studio Rot the Mind? Will Chamberlain ASP .Net 8 10-27-2005 06:39 PM
Rot-13 WormWood Computer Support 6 05-31-2005 03:59 AM
CD rot Phil Stripling Digital Photography 9 05-07-2004 08:38 PM
Code rot? Peter M Aarestad Perl 1 09-24-2003 01:13 PM
Implementation of rot-13 Lee Francis Wilhelmsen Java 10 07-24-2003 02:29 AM

Advertisments