Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > red letters

red letters

Gordon

"McWideGlide" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1Elei.3393$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> Windows XP Home , Internet Explorer. When viewing items at various
> websites that I return to ,i.e., Craig's list, every time I select a
> category it turns red and stays that way. How can I clear the chalk board
> of all the red?I used the systems tools did a Disk Cleanup of the temp
> files.Still there.
> Thanks,

Tools-Internet Options-General, go to "Colours", de-select "Use Windows
Colours" and change the Visited colour to anything you want...

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> I suspect you are describing "visited links", which are usually shown
>> in a purple color. This is normal and expected. Unvisited links are
>> blue

> Which IMO is a dumb default. Too close to blue; they don't pop out
> at you like they should.

Hey! I didn't make that up! Go complain to Sir Tim or somebody!

> They're red, here.

Customization is a wonderful thing.

--
-bts

Blinky the Shark

Rgr wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Rgr wrote:

>>>I'm a former commercial photographer and one of my customers was a guy
>>>that owned a large construction supply company. He was colorblind. He'd
>>>look at an 8x10 color glossy and say "I know I'm colorblind, but even I
>>>can tell this is too green!" The color was perfect, he just couldn't
>>>tell it. He was the only customer I ever fired.

>> Kinda like when a Google Groper says, "I know what I'm doing!"

> People can do the weirdest things. I still do a lot of video work. I had
> one woman who wanted me to shoot some video of a dog, any dog, that had
> been killed on the highway. It was to promote some animal humane shelter
> something or the other. It was to be shown in a theater before the movie
> started.
>
> I told her "Lady, if I just paid $8 to get a ticket and $12 for some
> popcorn and a Coke, I don't really want to see hamburger all over the
> highway." She insisted, I told her to **** off.

Thank you.

--
Blinky RLU 297263