Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Missing link between WebParts and current database authentication

Missing link between WebParts and current database authentication

mazdotnet

Hi,

I've been doing a fair bit of research on WebParts for customizing
our current company site. In almost all the examples they use the
default database to store the page settings by running the ASP.NET SQL
Server Setup Wizard. However, in our company we have a site (Upgraded
from .NET 1.0) that uses form authentication. Basically, I have a
username/password table which I use to validate users and do a
System.Web.Security.FormsAuthentication.RedirectFr omLoginPage(username,
false); to redirect them back to the request page.

Is there a way for me to tie my old username/passwords into Membership
and profiles feature to manage the WebParts? (I want to use my own
authenticated user read from my own users table and not aspnet_Users
table generated by the wizard)

Thank you
M.