Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon zr 500, 600, 0r 700

Canon zr 500, 600, 0r 700

ace

I want to get a mini dv camcorder and those three are my choices. I
could care less about the sd slot, but if it has one, so be it. I
will be using it at theme parks, so out of the three, which is best
for the buck.

the 500 is 309
600 is 379
and 700 is 399.

David J Taylor

ace wrote:
> I want to get a mini dv camcorder and those three are my choices. I
> could care less about the sd slot, but if it has one, so be it. I
> will be using it at theme parks, so out of the three, which is best
> for the buck.
>
> the 500 is 309
> 600 is 379
> and 700 is 399.

This group is about still photography.

David

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

? "ace" <(E-Mail Removed)> ?????? ??? ??????
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I want to get a mini dv camcorder and those three are my choices. I
> could care less about the sd slot, but if it has one, so be it. I
> will be using it at theme parks, so out of the three, which is best
> for the buck.
>
> the 500 is 309
> 600 is 379
> and 700 is 399.

All I can say to you, don't get a camcorder with megapixel resolution since
consumer camcorders have a tiny 1/8"sensor, and squeezing too many pixels on
it sacrifices low light performance.Mine (Sony DCR-HC32E) has a memory stick
slot but can only take stills at 640 X 480 (practically useless) and can use
this also on a solid state mode that can record up to 3 hours of MPEG-4
video on a 2 GB memory stick (not an option since 3 X 60 min Maxell mini dv
cassetes, made in japan only for 6.90 euros and a 2 GB memory stick 50
euros

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

John Turco

On Jun 21, 2:13 am, "David J Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)-this-
bit.nor-this-part.co.uk> wrote:
> ace wrote:
> > I want to get a mini dv camcorder and those three are my choices. I
> > could care less about the sd slot, but if it has one, so be it. I
> > will be using it at theme parks, so out of the three, which is best
> > for the buck.

> > the500is 309
> >600is 379
> > and700is 399.

> This group is about still photography.
>
> David

Hello, David:

Please, don't be mean! <g> Be helpful, and direct the original
poster (ace <(E-Mail Removed)>) to the proper venue:

Good luck, Ace!

Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>