Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Problems ever since SP2

Problems ever since SP2

=?Utf-8?B?QmVu?=

I have recently set up a wireless network, connecting two computers. Both
worked, one already had SP2. I installed SP2 on the other computer and now
the net doesn't work. It comes up with 'page cannot be displayed.' I can
connect to the network successfully and use MSN Messenger, but not the
Internet. Please help!

Malke

Ben wrote:

> I have recently set up a wireless network, connecting two computers.
> Both
> worked, one already had SP2. I installed SP2 on the other computer
> and now
> the net doesn't work. It comes up with 'page cannot be displayed.' I
> can connect to the network successfully and use MSN Messenger, but not
> the Internet. Please help!

Service Pack 2 automatically enables the Windows Firewall. Go to the
Windows Firewall applet in Control Panel and, if you are not using a
third-party firewall, put your lan IP range in Exceptions as Trusted.
If you are using a third-party firewall, make sure it is set to allow
your lan.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User