Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Computer locks up

Computer locks up

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

L.D. wrote:

> OK, I am now on the laptop and used Internet Explorer and got on the
> page OK. Then went to Seamonkey and ,guess what, got on ok. I had tried
> at least 7 or 8 times over a 3 day period with no success. The site is
> http://www.texaspremier.com/ I hope it will continue to work.
> Thanks L.D.

What's your account name and password?

L.D.

Rgr wrote:
> L.D. wrote:
>>
>> OK, I am now on the laptop and used Internet Explorer and got on the
>> page OK. Then went to Seamonkey and ,guess what, got on ok. I had
>> tried at least 7 or 8 times over a 3 day period with no success. The
>> site is http://www.texaspremier.com/ I hope it will continue to work.
>> Thanks L.D.

> What's your account name and password?

Account Name:iaint
Password:nofool

While I was reading this last post the computer locked up. Now, since I
did get on the web page and was on it long enough to look it over good,
I'm not sure what the problem is. Nothing works when it locks, have to
shut down with off on switch. Oh well!
L.D.

meerkat

"L.D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hdfei.20794$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> Rgr wrote:
>> L.D. wrote:
>>>
>>> OK, I am now on the laptop and used Internet Explorer and got on the
>>> page OK. Then went to Seamonkey and ,guess what, got on ok. I had tried
>>> at least 7 or 8 times over a 3 day period with no success. The site is
>>> http://www.texaspremier.com/ I hope it will continue to work.
>>> Thanks L.D.

>> What's your account name and password?

> Account Name:iaint
> Password:nofool
>
> While I was reading this last post the computer locked up. Now, since I
> did get on the web page and was on it long enough to look it over good,
> I'm not sure what the problem is. Nothing works when it locks, have to
> shut down with off on switch. Oh well!
> L.D.

Go have a look at your Event Viewer.
You might find the cause of your lockup.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

L.D. wrote:

> OK, I am now on the laptop and used Internet Explorer and got on the
> page OK. Then went to Seamonkey and ,guess what, got on ok. I had
> tried at least 7 or 8 times over a 3 day period with no success. The
> site is http://www.texaspremier.com/ I hope it will continue to work.

Heh. A few years back I switched banks because the then-current one's
web site would only work in Internet Exploder.

Your site, which is actually: http://portal.fxfn.com/ebhtx
if you read the frameset masking code, will not work if I refuse cookies
for fxfn.com. That true link does not inspire confidence. Looks like a
scam link to me, or at least is patterned as phishing scams usually are.

Although it does seem to be registered to:

FundsXpress Financial Network, Inc.
11950 Jollyville Road
Austin, TX 78759-2309

<http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp;jsessionid=4ab2832d52cb0ffffffffaeafa4 cddfb1d6e:FQ9e?domain=fxfn.com>

Since I don't want spurious cookies on my box, I stopped there.

Good luck with it.

--
-bts

L.D.

I am no computer whizz, so I have to ask what is "Event Viewer"

Snagnasty, that is strange, you get exactly the same page from to
different addresses. How did you find that out? Long story short story.
My wife has worked at that bank 28 years and is retiring the last of
this month. Since she won't be there to watch for the checks that I
write is the reason for wanting to register for this. I'm not good at
telling her what I write and she says after 49 years she isn't gona try
to get me to now. Her bank just bought 3 banks that was called Texas
Premier. Her banks web site didn't have bill pay and other goodies. I
guess that is why they kept the newly bought branches web site with just
changing the name but kept the url. Oh well, who knows
Thanks
L.D.

meerkat wrote:
> "L.D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:hdfei.20794$(E-Mail Removed). net...
>> Rgr wrote:
>>> What's your account name and password?

>> Account Name:iaint
>> Password:nofool
>>
>> While I was reading this last post the computer locked up. Now, since I
>> did get on the web page and was on it long enough to look it over good,
>> I'm not sure what the problem is. Nothing works when it locks, have to
>> shut down with off on switch. Oh well!
>> L.D.
>>

> Go have a look at your Event Viewer.
> You might find the cause of your lockup.

why?

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:03:46 -0500, L.D. wrote:

>I am no computer whizz, so I have to ask what is "Event Viewer"

But you can use www.google.com ?

www.google.com

What is it
Event Viewer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Event Viewer in Windows Vista December CTP 5270. Event Viewer is a
component of Microsoft's Windows NT line of operating systems that lets
administrators ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Event_Viewer - 18k - Cached - Similar pages

Another Google hit, using EV to troubleshoot , an overview and tour
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-6108150.html

<snip>

Short version, how to run it.
Start / Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Event Viewer

Really short version,
Start / Run / eventvwr / OK

>meerkat wrote:
>> "L.D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:hdfei.20794$(E-Mail Removed). net...
>>> Account Name:iaint
>>> Password:nofool
>>>
>>> While I was reading this last post the computer locked up. Now, since I
>>> did get on the web page and was on it long enough to look it over good,
>>> I'm not sure what the problem is. Nothing works when it locks, have to
>>> shut down with off on switch. Oh well!
>>> L.D.
>>>

>> Go have a look at your Event Viewer.
>> You might find the cause of your lockup.

Me

Plato

L.D. wrote:

> I just started to using my bank web site to look over my account. I have
> 2 computers, a vista laptop and a xp desktop both wireless with my home
> network. The xp connects fine. The vista locks up every time, never got
> on yet. The vista has never locked up with me before on any web site or
> for any other reason. What might be the problem?

Same thing happens when you use Firefox? If not, then you have a browser
problem, not an OS issue.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Top

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:03:46 -0500, L.D. wrote:

> I am no computer whizz, so I have to ask what is "Event Viewer"
>
> Snagnasty, that is strange, you get exactly the same page from to
> different addresses. How did you find that out? Long story short story.
> My wife has worked at that bank 28 years and is retiring the last of
> this month. Since she won't be there to watch for the checks that I
> write is the reason for wanting to register for this. I'm not good at
> telling her what I write and she says after 49 years she isn't gona try
> to get me to now. Her bank just bought 3 banks that was called Texas
> Premier. Her banks web site didn't have bill pay and other goodies. I
> guess that is why they kept the newly bought branches web site with just
> changing the name but kept the url. Oh well, who knows
> Thanks
> L.D.
>

> meerkat wrote:
>> "L.D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:hdfei.20794$(E-Mail Removed). net...
>>> Account Name:iaint
>>> Password:nofool
>>>
>>> While I was reading this last post the computer locked up. Now, since I
>>> did get on the web page and was on it long enough to look it over good,
>>> I'm not sure what the problem is. Nothing works when it locks, have to
>>> shut down with off on switch. Oh well!
>>> L.D.
>>>

>> Go have a look at your Event Viewer.
>> You might find the cause of your lockup.

I'm using Vista and Firefox for browser. I tried the webpage your bank
with no broblems. I went to my sons computer that has the same setup with
the exception that his connects through a wireless router, has no
problems the webpage.

Sorry I couldn't give you any useful information.

Top

--
The good die young, pricks last forever.