Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > NEED HELP PICKING A MOTHERBOARD REPLACEMENT

NEED HELP PICKING A MOTHERBOARD REPLACEMENT

jldsallthat@gmail.com

HI all,

about a year ago I built a computer for my son using the combo
processor/ motherboard from biostar. the M7VIG-400 in came with an
antholon XP mobile 2600+ processor.

a few months ago I had some problems with the motherboard, the
computer runs, but the pci sockets don't work so my son does not have
sound. I never could get the onboard sound to work.

anyway, I want to get a new motherboard, but would like to use the
same processor, and ram memory I already have. ( (2) 512 mb 184 pin
sdram ddr 133)

I don't see the M7vig currently still being sold, so I wanted to get
one as close as possible to just swap out what I have into the new
motherboard.

any help would be appreciated.

- Bobb -

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> HI all,
>
> about a year ago I built a computer for my son using the combo
> processor/ motherboard from biostar. the M7VIG-400 in came with an
> antholon XP mobile 2600+ processor.
>
> a few months ago I had some problems with the motherboard, the
> computer runs, but the pci sockets don't work so my son does not have
> sound. I never could get the onboard sound to work.
>
> anyway, I want to get a new motherboard, but would like to use the
> same processor, and ram memory I already have. ( (2) 512 mb 184 pin
> sdram ddr 133)
>
> I don't see the M7vig currently still being sold, so I wanted to get
> one as close as possible to just swap out what I have into the new
> motherboard.
>
> any help would be appreciated.

First, I'd check the settings in your BIOS setup.
If all is ok in settings and it really IS bad, then contact
www.newegg.com or
www.motherboards.com,
www.pricewatch.com etc
and look for MICROATX motherboards - that's the "type " that you have now.
So the holes in your case etc will match up.
Better yet - call them - tell them exactly what you have and have them
quote prices/options.